I hope someone can help the health anxiety is really bad. I have been under excessive strain recently following the death of my husband and other issues.
I have ibs, gerd, reflux, gastritis - sometimes severe, motility issues as the food passes down the oesophagus slowly etc. From time to time I get the lump feeling in my throat. I am on Omeprazole on varying doses depending on symptoms at the moment I’m on 40 mgs twice daily, drugs for high blood pressure. I’m supposed to take Gaviscon advanced for the reflux but only take it now and then. I have been trying to reduce the Omeprazole and not leaving enough time after taking it before eating.

Two weeks ago the feeling of constriction in my throat got really bad and I panicked about it, then I felt food was sticking a bit. The food goes down slowly and I am burping a lot. It is eased a bit by Gaviscon. I am worried about eating now. I mentioned it to the GP who says it’s anxiety and stress but will send me for a scope, if it doesn’t go. She says she isn’t worried about it and reassured that I don’t have anything to be concerned about.

Can anyone offer reassurance? I am so worried.