Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullseye Rash

Bullseye Rash

Okay, bit of a weird one here.

I had an insect bite a few weeks back; it was particularly large and hard and the scab lasted a few weeks, until I got sick of it and picked it off the other day (bad of me, I know).

This morning, I noticed a definite bullseye rash in that spot - red centre, clear margins then a raised red circle. Internet says it's a classic lyme disease rash but I didn't see a tick, nor have I been near anywhere there are ticks except for when I was wearing trousers. The rash is a bit itchy, but nothing drastic.

On the other hand, I do know we have spiders in the house and I tend to sleep with my legs exposed, so that's a possibility.

Where the anxiety comes in is that I'd much rather avoid visiting the GP if it's not actually necessary. So, given that there aren't any really nasty symptoms, am I safe to assume that the utter unlikeliness of it having been a tick means I can just assume I had a slight allergic reaction to a spider bite and wait it out?

Disclaimer: I know you're not doctors, would just appreciate some input because I'm sure some of you will know more about this than I do.

Re: Bullseye Rash

Since the rash can take several weeks to appear, this is one of those "better safe than sorry" scenarios IMO.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Okay, FMP, good to know. I'll give it the weekend to see if it calms down a bit and then get a GP appointment on Monday if it's looking any worse.

My lovely and eminently trustworthy husband has told me that my rash only looks very barely like the pictures of the lyme rash, and is much less prominent.

He's a wonderful person to have around because he'll listen to my concerns, we can talk about them and I know I can trust what I'm hearing from him.

Well there ya go then

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hun blue iris as someone that has contracted Lyme disease I would say don’t take the risk and get some antibiotics. Honestly, it’s not worth the risk. I never saw a tick just had the bulls eye and tested positive.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Since the rash can take several weeks to appear, this is one of those "better safe than sorry" scenarios IMO.

Positive thoughts
    In this instance the TYS Gang will allow it (but still be on standby, all the same)

Quite right to keep an eye on it and act accordingly if it doesn't clear up by next week. In all likelihood, however, it's nothing serious.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I’m sure it’s not, but could you see a pharmacist instead of the gp? Or do you hate them too?

I might have a chat to the pharmacist if it doesn't go down over the weekend.

It's just that the chances of it being a tick bite are basically the same as it having been a ninja bat

Or perhaps a ninja tick!
    The thing is though, you have a rash that could possibly be a flag. I don’t think you’re being irrational.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information