Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullseye Rash

Re: Bullseye Rash

Honestly the chances of me being bitten by a tick are next to none, I’m not an outdoorsy person, don’t go camping etc it can happen and to take a course of antibiotics to be on the safe side is better than dealing with Lyme disease

I had the same issue 2 months ago...finally got antibiotics because doctors want to be rather safe than sorry withblymes but I am 99% sure it wss just an allergy to some insect bite. Also didn't see tick.

What you can do is wait 6 weeks then do those blood tests. They are not 100% accurate but better than nothing.

You probably don't have lymes. Tick needs to be attacked to you for at least 24 hours to transfer lymes, so if some insect just bit you, you don't have lymes 100%.

Thanks, Hypo.

I'm pretty sure it was a rogue spider; we have plenty around the house and I know from getting bitten last year that they tend to cause me problems for ages.

Follow-up: my unflappable husband just saw the rash in good lighting and freaked the heck our and made me call the NHS. Currently awaiting a callback, and ready to vomit from the anxiety of it.

Oh love! So it’s ok, it sounds like you’ll probably be given antibiotics maybe?

It’ll be ok.,

I know, I'm just really bad at medical stuff and Pete never gets frightened, so I've gone into full panic mode. I really want to go to bed but I can't because I'm waiting for a callback.

Okay, the 111 GP just called back, and we had a long talk; he made me promise to visit the GP on Monday since I wasn't keen to go to the out of hours service and he was fairly sure 3 days would be okay.

I'm really not a night owl and I was already in bits from stress on the way home tonight; based on prior experience I'm not sure sleep's going to happen.

I have contingency self-care plans in place but I'm feeling a bit grumpy as I went to a lot of lengths to try and ensure a stress-free weekend.

I’ve had so many spider bites...they all get irritated like that. In the very, very rare chance it is Lyme, you’ve caught it early. Youll be okay.

So instead of worrying all weekend, you could still show it to a pharmacist today? Or if you’re really worried you could still go to urgent care?

If not, distraction is the key for the weekend.

I'm not worried about Lyme, oddly enough, because I know it can be dealt with using antibiotics.

Honestly, I think it's just bad timing that this has come up at the point in time when I'm least able to deal with it. I often get weird health issues at this time of year.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information