Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullseye Rash

Re: Bullseye Rash

No I can tell that you’re more freaked out by the situation. That’s why I suggest getting it looked at sooner rather than later so that you can get back to your normal.

Thanks, Scass. Going to see how it goes today, and if I really can't settle then I'll go get it looked at.

Sorry I feel like I’m being the negative one here, I’m really not and that’s not my intention but I will just say that if it is lyme don’t give it 6 weeks to roam around your system, you usually should wait for that time till testing as it won’t produce antibodies till then.

Start the antibiotics as soon as possible, then yes it can be zapped.

I've had a bullseye type easy before. It also swelled up like a mini cookie. The chemist told me I might be starting with bite allergies and if they get frequent or worse to investigate getting an epipen.

Anyway, years later I'm ok for anything like lymes and don't need an epipen. I still have very sensitive skin which doesn't help with bites.

Lady, you're not, I'm going to the GP first thing Monday and because the rash really is textbook, I'm hoping they'll start me on the antibiotics that day.

Glad to hear, it should be doxycycline and according to lyme literate drs you need 400mg a day. The gp will prescribe half of that. Let us know how you get on.

Glad you're seeing the doctor. It really is the prudent thing to do. I just want to say I think you've handled it beautifully (at least from a forum perspective). We're saying see a doctor and YOU were the one saying "nahhhh.. just a spider bite. No such things as Ninja ticks" AND... still it's still not certain anyway. Like we're saying, you'll probably get a round of antibiotics for safe measure and all will be well

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks, FMP. I was reading about quite how small ticks can be, and suddenly it's that bit more plausible that I might have missed one.

I spent this morning catching up on the sleep I missed last night, and a chunk of this afternoon having an antihistamine nap. Currently feeling pretty cheery, to be honest.

You may find that the anti histamine helps but still a sensible idea to show your GP on Monday.

I'd never heard of bullseye rash before. Sounds like an allergy to Jim Bowen...(this will show my age!!)

Glad you are going to get it seen, yet again I've arrived at one of your threads realllllyyyy late lol I think you have done really well with managing this actually, from a mental health perspective, and been sensible, logical and all the rest.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information