Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullseye Rash

Re: Bullseye Rash

A few years ago I had a couple of bug bites that looked like this, and it turned out they were infected. No Lyme, just plain old infected bites. Antibiotics cleared it right up. I learned that I should not scratch my mosquito bites while gardening!

Just seen this- I'll be thinking about you tomorrow x My Dad been treated for/expected lyme in the past. We had to fight him to go to the doctor most of the time! He's perfectly fit (He's pushing 70 and probs the most fit in my family lol!). You've handle this so, so well x

Thanks so much for all the support, everyone!

I honestly don't feel as though I'm handling it very well right now; I'm shaky and nauseated from the thought of having to sit in the waiting room and not knowing which doctor I'll see.

You are still handling it and facing up to the situation and in my book that means 'handling it well', it doesn't mean without anxiety. I'd be the same I LOATHE seeing the doctor and avoid all visits unless really necessary (as your is now). I sweat and feel sick through the whole time before, heart racing, but just as you will do today - I do it. Not sure why you don't know which doctor, with ours you book a specific one, but maybe its an emergency appointment in which case you do get who is on duty.

Our GP has walk-ins in the morning. All the doctors are okay, but there's only one I really trust and she doesn't work Mondays; the waiting list to book an appointment with her tends towards six weeks.

I'm a total mess; I know I should really settle my blood sugar with some breakfast but I can't face it. Going to hold off, I think, then grab canteen breakfast when I get into work.

If you can manage a biscuit maybe? Just tiny little mouse nibbles it might help? Or sip some squash? Or suck a mint? (These are my strategies!)

You’re going to do great. Can you listen to something on headphones maybe? Or play a game on your phone.

Hopefully you won’t be there too long.

Squash is a good idea, Scass. Normally I'd have plain yogurt on medical panic days but we don't have any in.

Luckily the surgery is five minutes walk from both home and work, so I won't have to wait ages once I'm done.

Canteen breakfast sounds like something to look forward to.

They've started serving fried bread this year, too! ...I know it's massively unhealthy, but if I don't deserve it after facing a challenge like this I don't know when I do.

You know you need to get this checked out so it will be worth the trauma for an expert opinion and an end to speculation. Afterwards you will be glad you went. Just go on autopilot and think about your fried bread!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information