So I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now. I really really like him. He's a lovely guy and even though it's early days, I truly see a future with him. In April after liking each other for ages and a month of sexual tension, we slept together for the first time and then the next day I went to visit my hometown for Easter, the days following I still felt single. I still had Tinder etc because we'd only just slept together, I didn't see it that we were together. I really liked him, and I had liked him for ages but at this point I didn't see it in a serious way.

So I went on a night out with my old high-school friends a day later and no, I didn't kiss or sleep with anyone but I did flirt with this guy and flirty-danced with him. Nothing more than that and it was after that I realised how much I liked my now-boyfriend and I deleted Tinder and we met up again when I returned back. After that we built up our relationship by 'seeing each-other' and we made our relationship 'official' in June.

I've felt pretty bad about it ever since. I don't know why I did it. I feel guilty that I saw myself as single in the first place. I knew how much I liked him and I shouldn't have done that. On the other hand I try to rationalize it and think that 1. We had only slept together, we hadn't set any boundaries on what we were 2. It was only 2 days after, so it's not a big deal 3. It was only a dance! It wasn't sex or even a kiss.

I don't think I'm ever going to tell him, but I feel guilty cause I also feel like I'm keeping secrets from him, he's also extremely understanding and probably wouldn't care at all, but then I wonder if I did, would things change and he wouldn't be able to trust me.

I think the aim of this post is to just ask if there is any reason to feel so guilty about it and ask for your advice.