Thread: Burning skin

Burning skin

Guys I'm now on one month of having bouts of burning skin feeling on shins, knees, arms. I do get almost hive looking patchers on my shins that come and go, it seems like maybe after I eat certain things...basically I can't figure it out. I went to primary and bloodwork looks all fine. Of course my anxiety says some underlying cancer...my primary said 99.9% of cancers do not do that. Then I go to autoimmune, etc... :(
    Anyone have this sensation that has lasted this long? I'm really down about it :(
    Last edited by 4bready; 14-09-19 at 04:29.

Re: Burning skin

Quote Originally Posted by 4bready View Post
    Guys I'm now on one month of having bouts of burning skin feeling on shins, knees, arms. I do get almost hive looking patchers on my shins that come and go, it seems like maybe after I eat carting things...basically I can't figure it out. I went to primary and bloodwork looks all fine. Of course my anxiety says some underlying cancer...my primary said 99.9% of cancers do not do that. Then I go to autoimmune, etc... :(
    Anyone have this sensation that has lasted this long? I'm really down about it :(
    Hi, I agree, certainly not cancer. It could be an allergic reaction to something, have you tried antihistamines? Other than that the burning sensation could be peripheral neuropathy which is related to some autoimmune conditions eg Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibro etc. Not all autoimmune conditions show up in blood work but they can be managed and are NOT fatal. I've had CFS for 30 years and have had flares of weird sensations on and off at various times, often lasting 3 months or more. I do know that stressing makes symptoms worse. Get out in the sunshine and enjoy nature.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hi, I agree, certainly not cancer. It could be an allergic reaction to something, have you tried antihistamines? Other than that the burning sensation could be peripheral neuropathy which is related to some autoimmune conditions eg Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibro etc. Not all autoimmune conditions show up in blood work but they can be managed and are NOT fatal. I've had CFS for 30 years and have had flares of weird sensations on and off at various times, often lasting 3 months or more. I do know that stressing makes symptoms worse. Get out in the sunshine and enjoy nature.
    Thanks for the response...how do you even get tested for autoimmune? thanks so much

Test for autoimmune is a simple blood test just ask for autoimmune testing. Burning skin can also be from medication and anxiety as I learned recently. I have some of it as well mainly on my arms.

There are blood tests that test the antinuclear antibodies (ANA's) for autoimmune disorders but they don't always show up ie. someone can have an autoimmune condition and have a negative test (sero-negative). CFS and fibro do not show up in bloodwork and at present there is no definitive test for them, they are diagnosed by symptoms. The hives/rash thing could be psoriasis which is another autoimmune condition.

Thread Information