Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dont know what to do

dont know what to do

hi guys i dont know what to do anymore, i went out 2 days ago drinking and blacked out completely in a night club and cant remember anything from the night when i woke up i was just ringing this random persons door bell for some reason i think i beleived it was my friend or something then the police turned up and i went home and got a taxi. i have been on sertraline for 4 weeks now, i can hardly think straight my whole body aches and i feel it is giving up on me i feel like i can hardly think at all and really dont know what to do i just feel like im not myslef and feel like i cant cope anymore. everything feels so weird to me right now. i think this may be panic as my hands are constantly tingling and i have major pressure in my head atm. i feel like im not in control anymore and am not eating. i have a medication review in 6 days i dont know if to ask for an increased dose or try something else as the sertraline is making me worse. didnt feel too bad this morning but took the sertraline and now feel worse

Re: dont know what to do

Do you know, you aren't meant to drink alcohol at the same time as sertraline? It will make you worse, for sure.

If I was you, and the medication review is due in 6 days, I'd not try and second guess if its going to go up, or down, or stop or whatever. The point of the review is to come to those conclusion with your doctor based on how you feel you are getting on with it. Tell them your feelings emotionally and physically and go through it together

just been for a walk in which the tingling has stopped but i dont really feel better mentally, it seems like after i take the sertraline i feel awfull for like 8 hours but then after i dont feel as bad and i feel calmer maybe my mind doesnt agree with the meds

Why are you drinking enough alcohol to black out?

Quit drinking alcohol. Plain and simple. It's going to do nothing for your mental health or recovery. You should not drink alcohol on these medications either.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

i dont really know i had a few drinks and obviously couldnt control myself so i got smashed maybe i wanted to feel like i used to do when i went out it was a very stupid decision as i started feeling a bit better and now feel quite unstable which is annoying but is completely my fault.

am making myself go to work tonight anyway maybe itll make me feel better wiht doing something as it normally makes me feel better i just feel so annoyed at what ive done to myself, tbh i have become extremely angry the last few days i think i even hit people when i was out, probably the stress of what my brain is doing to me. i even lost my phone and glasses aswell so thats £600 down the drain.

learning curve i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Decco View Post
    learning curve i guess.
    Sounds more like a learning cliff

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Decco View Post
    am making myself go to work tonight anyway maybe itll make me feel better wiht doing something as it normally makes me feel better i just feel so annoyed at what ive done to myself, tbh i have become extremely angry the last few days i think i even hit people when i was out, probably the stress of what my brain is doing to me. i even lost my phone and glasses aswell so thats £600 down the drain.
    Your brain is not doing it TO you, you have control over whether you drink so much alcohol whilst taking powerful psychoactive drugs that you really shouldn't be drinking alcohol with. Just don't do it again and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information