Thread: Scared there’s something wrong...PE?

Scared there’s something wrong...PE?

Hello,

I returned from a trip to Japan last Saturday (I live in Massachusetts). I was feeling great when I got back, went to the gym on Sunday and worked out a few times this week. However, as of Wednesday, I have been getting these sharp chest pains that come and go. They don’t correlate with my breathing, but just randomly come for a quick second and then leave. I’ve had a stressful week at work so I thought maybe that’s why. My heart rate is also 80 bpm. It is usually around 70-75 when resting. I know increased heart rate is a sign of a PE. I can also feel my heartbeat in my chest. And now I’m so stressed about it. I can breathe normally, but I really don’t know what it is. My anxiety is through the roof now. Does this sound like I should go get it checked out?

I’m so scared.

Re: Scared there’s something wrong...PE?

Firstly, I hope you had a great time in Japan! I had the PE fear in maybe 2012 and this is definitely something that anxiety can make worse! 80bpm is nothing to worry about, doctors typically won’t worry until it’s getting close to the 95-100 range. DVT is also the precursor so unless one of your calf’s is quite a bit larger than the other, or was before the chest pain, I wouldn’t worry at all about it.

it doesn’t sound like PE at all because most people who have it (which is scary and might trigger some people so be warned) it just gets lodged in their lung and they die without ever feeling it. If yo I are sitting here worrying about it it probably means you don’t have it.

my advice is to always wear compression stockings on long haul flights as it will prevent dvt but will also give you peace of mind that nothing will happen because of the immobility.

Re: Scared there’s something wrong...PE?

Wow hijikata your English is better than mine!

Hiji means elbow and Kaya means shoulder?

Thread Information