Thread: West Nile Virus

West Nile Virus

Woopdidoo I look up west nile virus and I see the symptoms, now I'm paranoid since it comes from mosquitoes and it's popping up in my area, any information or tips to not be anxious 24/7 about this?

Re: West Nile Virus

Hey there..

I live in the NE USA and there are here as well. I think we need to take basic steps to protect ourselves is all we can do. I've also been a bit too paranoid and avoiding being outside when mosquitoes are active.

I'm in the midwest USA and due to the flooding we've had an increase in mosquitoes and a spike in West Nile. I did a little looking into it and it turns out that it's basically the flu, rarely ever does it get super serious unless you are otherwise immunocompromised, and you may get it and not even be aware that it's what you have (might think it's just a bug). I really wouldn't worry too much.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    I'm in the midwest USA and due to the flooding we've had an increase in mosquitoes and a spike in West Nile. I did a little looking into it and it turns out that it's basically the flu, rarely ever does it get super serious unless you are otherwise immunocompromised, and you may get it and not even be aware that it's what you have (might think it's just a bug). I really wouldn't worry too much.
    Thanks for the reply this helps me calm down a bit. It's getting cold around where I live anyway so I don't have to worry as much.

Thread Information