Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever gotten a AD prescription off a dentist?

Have you ever gotten a AD prescription off a dentist?

Did you know that dentist's can prescribe medications? Not just antibiotics or painkillers associated with teeth problems but basically anything. I'm guessing the UK is same as USA because a dentist is a doctor by title and study.

In practice a dentist won't give you a prescription if you just walk in offs the street but if yous a regular patient of his and say lose your prescription or your doc is closed, you can ask him. I done that a few times, basically because the dentist is real close and the doc a long hike.

Re: Have you ever gotten a AD prescription off a dentist?

I am certain you can't do that in the UK.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don’t think you can get them here in Oz either

Don't you guys got folk who is too scared to go to the dentist (i.e. health anxiety)? I would wager 50 bucks and a nut that a dentist can prescribe benzos for them folk and if benzos is ok then why not AD? Safer and less addictive. You gotta figure in that a guy with dentist and a bad tooth may have to go to dentist 3 or 4 times over a period of say a month so we. don't talking about a one off gig

I would wager $100 that the dentist would not give you “benzo’s”.They give you what we call laughing gas

Non comprendo

UK dentists have a limited prescription list, it only contains drugs that would be associated with dentistry. They can prescribe Diazepam and a couple of other benzo's, but probably only 2 or three pills at a time and you have to be requiring them for dental treatment about to be carried out. In most cases, I would expect they would refer you to your Dr for initial prescription as they will know your full medical history. Only if you were well known to the dentist and your Dr had prescribed them before would the dentist issue a prescription, I would expect even in this case they would still check with your GP. Antidepressants are not required for dentistry so I doubt they are on the permitted list of drugs a dentist can prescribe.

That's a great reply Spectrum. People's never believed I was being serious. I feel validated.

I did a search and it seems like if you get a dentist prescription in an EU country you can redeem it in another one. It also said something like dentist's have to stick to a code of ethics but in theory they can prescribe anything. At the end of the day I guess it depends on the dentist and how well he knows your medical history. Helps if you went to school with the dude .

You sound as if you are in a bad way, Charlie?

Thanks Lisa I'm pretty much always in a bad way. I guess in the UK you got population density so no need to ask a dentist when you got a doc in the same street.

In the USA as everyone knows, cities are big and sprawling and public transport non existent in places or one bus every hour if you're lucky. I got a 10 minute walk to dentist but s one hour walk to hospital which is why I sometimes get a prescription offs dentist. I'd never of known that was possible until a pharmie told me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information