Thread: Is it bad to mess about with AD dosages

Is it bad to mess about with AD dosages

If I'm correct, in the UK yous pay a set price for medications whether it's one pill or 100 of the same stuff.

I get free appointments with docs at the hospital but have to pay for my meds therefour the less stuff I take the less I gotta pay.

I reported that I was on 150 of Effexor and it looked out so had to increase to 225 and after about 6 weeks I felt ok again. Now I'm back on 150 and feel ok and want to reduce to 75. Dr. DuckDuckGo says 75 is the minimum you need. Is that a good idea or am I likely to get another wobbler?

Re: Is it bad to mess about with AD dosages

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    If I'm correct, in the UK yous pay a set price for medications whether it's one pill or 100 of the same stuff.
    This is the case in Australia. We pay about the same for a month's prescription irrespective of the quantity of pills and there's not much difference between the various doses either. I'm an old fart so only pay AU$6-50 for each of my meds, including the 3 x 30 75mg tablets of my TCA. You can check how much non concession card holders pay for generic venlafaxine XR here - click on the dose links to get the price. 'DPMQ' is the amount the pharmacy pays, the 'General Patient Charge' is the maximum they can charge. Some brands may cost a little more.

I reported that I was on 150 of Effexor and it looked out so had to increase to 225 and after about 6 weeks I felt ok again. Now I'm back on 150 and feel ok and want to reduce to 75. Dr. DuckDuckGo says 75 is the minimum you need. Is that a good idea or am I likely to get another wobbler?
    If you had to increase to 225mg because 150mg wasn't working then I don't like your chances of doing okay on 75mg. Even 150mg might be problematic in the longer term.

Re: Is it bad to mess about with AD dosages

Ok panic

Thanks

Thread Information