Thread: Feeling so down

Feeling so down

I’ve tried to come awake from this group and it’s helped a little but lately I’ve felt myself slipping again and just need some reassurance, I’m 10 weeks into sertraline now and I’ve had some good days but a lot of bad days mainly surrounding my stomach, only once have I had really loose stools in weeks but most days my tummy hurts or cramps, I’ve had tests etc and doctor said it’s anxiety induced ibs and my tablets.

I just wish I truly understood the connection anxiety has on someone’s stomach I just struggle to see how anxiety can cause me this much distress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Feeling so down

I'm no expert on this, I'm just going by something's Zi read on this forum. The gut is sometimes known as "the second brain" and had a lot of nerve endings. Panic down under would be the guy to explain

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post

I just wish I truly understood the connection anxiety has on someone’s stomach I just struggle to see how anxiety can cause me this much distress

How is it possible that you've been struggling with this for so long and not come across any evidence to link the two?

Your brain and your stomach are linked. Your brain and your stomach are part of the same system. Gut bacteria can be directly responsible for mood. There is copious amounts of information about this everywhere you look.

Have you heard the term 'stress kills'?

If it's that powerful, does it not stand to reason that anxiety can create physical symptoms? Is this entire forum not proof that your mind can create physical problems?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    How is it possible that you've been struggling with this for so long and not come across any evidence to link the two?

Your brain and your stomach are linked. Your brain and your stomach are part of the same system. Gut bacteria can be directly responsible for mood. There is copious amounts of information about this everywhere you look.

Have you heard the term 'stress kills'?

If it's that powerful, does it not stand to reason that anxiety can create physical symptoms? Is this entire forum not proof that your mind can create physical problems?

Thank you, it’s just very hard to believe it, I try to tell myself I sleep all the way through the night and don’t wake up in pain or anything so if it was anything sinister I wouldn’t be able to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi
    just want to say you not alone, my anxiety also affects my stomach & my bladder and I know it’s all anxiety because like you said if it was something else you would have problems through the night as well.
    When i m at home in bed feeling all relaxed I have no cramps no need to run to toilet every 5 minutes.
    I somtimes drink camomile tea when I feel really bad as it calms but also sooth stomach, maybe worth trying. I ve been off meds for a while and would like to stay that way but when you have a bad day it can be hard.

As much as it's a good idea NOT to google symptoms, I also believe it's up to the individual to educate themselves on the condition they are suffering with. This is not the same as symptom checking.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018...edium=Facebook

Thread Information