Thread: Sweating more on the right side of the body than the left.

Sweating more on the right side of the body than the left.

Hello everyone, I hope you got a better day than me.

The thing goes like this: i noticed that I sweat more on the right side than the left side of the body (at least on the upper body, arms and face.

The left side sweats but not like the right side. I made a test so it's clearly not a contraption of my mind.

I caught the sweat using some napkins and they left a mark, also I made some pictures of my arms.

The large napkin is the sweat caught on the sides of my nose, the small napkin is the sweat under my nose (mustache area). Split the napkins on half and the less sweaty side is the left side.

The less sweaty arm is left forearm, the more sweaty is the right forearm.

I've read that unilateral sweating is not a good sign at all.

To be honest i don't know what to do. I feel like I'm going to cry because of the despair. I don't know what to do or where to head to.

Please someone, give me an advice. God bless you all.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 16-09-19 at 18:12. Reason: pictures removed

Re: Sweating more on the right side of the body than the left.

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyg View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope you got a better day than me.

The thing goes like this: i noticed that I sweat more on the right side than the left side of the body (at least on the upper body, arms and face.

The left side sweats but not like the right side. I made a test so it's clearly not a contraption of my mind.

I caught the sweat using some napkins and they left a mark, also I made some pictures of my arms.

The large napkin is the sweat caught on the sides of my nose, the small napkin is the sweat under my nose (mustache area). Split the napkins on half and the less sweaty side is the left side.

The less sweaty arm is left forearm, the more sweaty is the right forearm.

I've read that unilateral sweating is not a good sign at all.

To be honest i don't know what to do. I feel like I'm going to cry because of the despair. I don't know what to do or where to head to.

Please someone, give me an advice. God bless you all.
    You are in a pit of self testing right now. Stay away from google and stay away from napkin sweat tests. The self devised tests are anything but useful. They show a marked descent into anxiety induced obsessive self testing. Unless you are a doctor, and even then a doctor trained in the field, it is highly unlikely your self examination can be called accurate and will only further your anxiety.

If you have a real medical concern, see a doctor, otherwise, step away from the sweat napkins and put this aside.

Quote Originally Posted by lofwyr View Post
    You are in a pit of self testing right now. Stay away from google and stay away from napkin sweat tests. The self devised tests are anything but useful. They show a marked descent into anxiety induced obsessive self testing. Unless you are a doctor, and even then a doctor trained in the field, it is highly unlikely your self examination can be called accurate and will only further your anxiety.

If you have a real medical concern, see a doctor, otherwise, step away from the sweat napkins and put this aside.
    Thank you for your answer & taking your time to calm me down a bit. I hate it...Sometimes I feel wonderful and then BAMMM!! Something new appears to trigger my concerns.

The important thing is to recognise that the problem is the anxiety, not whatever it is feels wrong with your body at the time. There'll always be new bodily sensations, but if you can get the anxiety under control, it'll be much easier to cope with all of them.

I notice that too, my left armpit sweats way more than my right. It's just normal for me, it might be normal for you too.
    It's not unilateral sweating because you're still sweating on the left , just less. If it were unilateral sweating you would lose the ability to sweat completely on that side.

Thread Information