Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual Aura but no headache

Visual Aura but no headache

I have never gotten a migraine before but a few months ago I got a strange visual sensation. It was like a jagged sparkly semi circle in the right corner of my eye. It affected both eyes at the same time and slowly disappeared. I checked online and it said it may have been a silent migraine that comes without a headache. I didn’t worry too much. However it came on again this Saturday. No headache. Just the sparkly semi circle that comes on slowly and then disappears. Should I go to the doc? Could this be serious? I’m so scared

Re: Visual Aura but no headache

Really not serious, don't worry, I used to get several of these a week. My doctor didn't worry even when I got three in a day, so please don't stress?

Thanks Blueiris. Was yours without a headache too? And did yours also affect both eyes? Were you able to get rid of it?

Not sure how to get rid of it, but this is not uncommon to experience aura without a migraine.

I get them every now and then with no headache.
    I take a couple of paracetamol and they go away in about 30 mins.
    My Dr also says they're not a problem.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Probably 80 percent of mine were without a headache, yes, and both eyes were affected - that's how auras work. They're caused by an electrical disturbance in the brain, which is why you see them in both eyes.

Mine went away when I stopped drinking coffee, but everybody's triggers are different. Be observant, and chances are you'll notice a pattern sooner or later.

I had these all last summer all with out headache. I started taking a supplement called Migra T and it went away. I had one so bad I couldn’t drive. B vitamins and magnesium are in the supplement I used. I was convinced it was something dreadful and it was just a deficiency. Now I’m on to my current health anxiety that’s not related to ocular migraines. We alway panic about something.

I get these too. Not had one in a while thankfully, but they are horrible when they happen. I don't get the headache either, only ever had it once. The auras I've had several times and what you've described sounds pretty classic. I usually feel a bit wiped out after. As Iris said, people have different triggers. For me, I get them two days before a viral illness starts. Weird! My doctor has never been concerned about it. The only thing to keep in mind is whether you're taking any contraceptive pill, and if so your doc may want to consider changing it. I was swapped from combined pill to progesterone-only pill due to visual migraines.

The trigger for me seems to be flashing light.
    I often get it when driving and the sun is shining through roadside trees or from the reflection of a car in front.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thanks everyone! I’m sorry you all go through this strange experience. It’s so unsettling. However I am comforted in that many of you experience the same

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information