Thread: Can gas or IBS do this?

Can gas or IBS do this?

Can gas or IBS make your stomach tender to the touch? Can IBS be very painful?

Re: Can gas or IBS do this?

I hope so as I’m going through the same thing at the mo, been struggling with intermittent cramps and diahhrea for a few months now, now finding my stomach can be sore and tender to touch at times. Have you been diagnosed with ibs?

Yes I was diagnosed at 15 with IBS. I've never had pain with it though. Just mixed stools, constipation, mucous, urgency to go etc. My stomach was extremely tender the weekend. I thought it was my appendix. I almost went to a&e. It hurt walking, sitting down and washing up everytime my stomach pressed on the sink. It felt like trapped wind but I couldn't pass any gas. It was very sore and tender for 48 hours. I hope you get sorted out and answers asap. It's not nice

I’ve had the same over the last few days and did suspect trapped gas but then it doesn’t seem to be getting better, still very tender. I’m seeing a G.I consultant on wed.

My mum had the same a few years ago and was diagnosed with gastritis and inflammation. What has helped a little bit is lying with a hot water bottle on my stomach. My stomach is about 70 per cent less tender now. It still worries me though. I've had H pylori twice.Will you let me know how you get on please?

Yes of course, will let you know what he says

All I can say is I get this a lot...

Lady123 how did you get on?

Hi sorry I just realised I didn’t see this. It’s annoying when people don’t update! I ended up having a colonoscopy which was fine. Symptoms went away for a good few months but I have them again now!

Thread Information