Thread: Costochondritis how many have it?

Costochondritis how many have it?

Hi.

I do have a thread in female section as I’m also getting breast pain. One lovely lady has been of huge support to me but I’m just curious how many of you have been diagnosed with costochondritis? If so how long has it lasted? How was your pain? (This thread is to see who has it as both men and women can get this)

Mine is is very mild. I sometimes get sharp pains but most of the time it’s a dull ache in the chest and certain positions make it ache more. It’s not servere like most people I’ve read about. Mines been going on for a couple of months. I’ve been given ibuprofen but it doesn’t really seem to be doing anything.

Just curious as trying to stay off google.

thanks x

Re: Costochondritis how many have it?

Hi there
    Yes, I've had it in the past, I had a couple of months when it was bad so I went for tests and that is when it was diagnosed. I now have some pain ocasionally if I'm very tense but never as bad as that time.
    My pain was like a strong tightness across my chest and there were certain points where just by touching them made me jump in pain. And of course I couldn't stop pressing and proding on those points lol
    Oh and I'm a female x

Re: Costochondritis how many have it?

Thanks for responding. Mine is very sore to touch. Right at the top of the breast closest to the breast bone and ribs where they join. The aching radiates into my breast and I have a sore area on my breast further down from breast bone. I’ve got an ultrasound on 26th September. I’m scared something more serious is going on x

Thread Information