Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinning Out

Spinning Out

So as you may well be aware from my other posts. I have recently had twitching in my finger and thumb of left hand. Went to the doctors last week. had a long list of bloods taken I think it was 10 or 11 tests. all were ok apart from the note against my blood count saying repeat in 6 weeks. I cannot get out of my head that I either have a blood cancer , bowel or stomach cancer or MS. I cannot think straight. also the last 7-8 weeks I have been very tired. I was stressed in work up until the end of July so don't really know what's going on with me. I just don't feel right. Also been thinking that I had 2 colds this summer which is unheard of for me 1 mid July & 1 end of August. Can all of this be stress related. Can stress effect your blood results?

Re: Spinning Out

Stress can affect absolutely everything, and the longer you live with it, the worse the effects can be.

Stress can kill you. It stands to reason that it can make you feel like crap. Your thought patterns are making it worse, and adding to the stress. We still have a bit of sun in the UK at the moment. Get out and enjoy nature for a bit. You have to find a way of breaking the mental cycle of worrying about imaginary worst case scenario's.

"Yeah but I read....."

I don't care what you read

I have always worried and felt tired about my health. I assume that blood cancer would show up clearly in blood count and wouldn't be a 6 week wait. I had a clear CT colonoscopy in April. Which said no significant desease to solid organs on the report. So I'm hoping that my piles ( sorry to be horrid) bleeding 3 days before my blood test has caused the abnormality. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Get out and enjoy nature for a bit. You have to find a way of breaking the mental cycle of worrying about imaginary worst case scenario's.

Quick update - So went to the doctors to find out about my bloods today as no one could tell me. He then informs me that he hasn't reviewed and this is an automatic from the computer or screening centre. He reviewed results in front of me and it seems my Haemoglobin was 0.1 too low which he deemed acceptable. I had 1 test that was slightly high Bullinin or something like that but he said its nothing to worry about. Told me I don't need a re-test in 6 weeks following his review. I then asked next step for my twitching finger and thumb. He thinks its muscle fatigue as it appears after typing or playing sports when I have to grip I.E cricket or golf. I spoke about my anxiety and he is now sending the letter off for me to receive CBT. I'm hoping I can get some grip of reality back now so I'm going for a few pints after work in the sunshine. and I'm going to try stay off Google for the foreseeable future.

That sounds like a positive step forward!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

As a side note, 'a few pints' isn't alway the best idea with anxiety. One, maybe...but not a few.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    As a side note, 'a few pints' isn't alway the best idea with anxiety. One, maybe...but not a few.
    As much as I wanted to go out and celebrate my blood results. I had 4 pints and come home. I don't want to wake up in the morning with more anxiety. Have done well today, less self testing, less twitching, less tired.

Well Friday I was in a great mood following my doctors appointment. Hardly any twitching all day. Saturday it then came back and then yesterday it was back. Today I've gone into a complete tailspin again it has been my index finger back of hand twitching previously but today it's my palm side basically moving my thumb. I've read that Als spreads by starting in 1 place and then onto another and so forth. I don't know what to do next.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information