Hi,
I've just recently qualified as a health professional last month and finished my degree. My uni friends are all getting a job and are excited. I just feel stuck in the mud and I'm not moving forward. I haven't even applied for my registration yet because I'm scared of being back in full time work because of my problems. I have health anxiety, quite severe ocd at night time and general anxiety. It is a dream job for me, and despite this I still can't get my act together. I drink too much, I am procrastinating and every week I promise myself I will get back to the gym, get a job, get my driving licence and join the real world. But I'm not, for a year now I have sunk into the abyss of anxiety and can't see a way out. I have finally reached the top of a waiting list for a psychologist and that's next week. But honestly I don't have high hopes. Sessions now are 30 minutes and I'm expecting to be given some generic ocd handout from whoever it is I see. Myself and partner have just moved in together and he is really on my case to stop drinking and get a job. He dismisses my mental health as laziness. I just don't know what to do, how do people live normally? I had a good two years where I felt better and was proactive, but that seems so far away right now. Any advice really appreciated x