Thread: Left flank pain

Left flank pain

Hey guys,
    I've Been Able to control my HA for quite some time now...but latelly ive been really worried about something, so ive been having pain in my left flank, it radiates all the way from my left back side to the left part of my belly, every doctor ive seen doesnt seem concerned about it and fobs it off, They say is Just muscular...I cant help but to think it might be a tumour or some form of cancer...the thing is, ive been like this for ten months, the pain Didnt get worst, and i actually Managed to put on a bit of weight, I feel healthy, but this pain is Just triggering everything again...should I be worried?

Re: Left flank pain

Brunamateus,

Good job on having control over your HA and I'm sorry its rearing its ugly head again. There are few things in your post I want to point out to you that will help you logically think through this:

every doctor ive seen doesnt seem concerned about it

This should be stop #1 for you. You've seen multiple doctors and not one of them has been concerned. Remember, these are medically trained professionals, you are not. You must trust that if they were concerned they would go down the path of discovering the issue.

ive been like this for ten months, the pain Didnt get worst, and i actually Managed to put on a bit of weight, I feel healthy

This should be stop #2 for, particularly because it is incredibly sound thinking. Cancer doesn't stop or get better on its own. It progresses and causes a slew of symptoms as it does so. The fact that you have had it this long and feel healthy should help ground you. I had left flank pain for over 5 years that I stress over. I worried it was every type of tumor in the book. Ultimately it ended up being muscular because my spine was out of alignment. I went to the chiro and it cleared up in a week.

You have the tools. Take a deep breath and use them.

Best Wishes.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Thank you so much for your reply, it actually helped me calm myself a bit, did your pain sometimes radiate to tour belly? And yes you are right... I guess if it was a tumour ir a cancer it would ve gotten much Worse by now

Whether mine did or didn't is irrelevant because it will only provide a means to either reassure you or raise more questions and I won't do that. Instead I would just encourage you to stick to what you know to be true (doctors aren't concerned, not growing worse) and work logically through that.

Best Wishes.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Thread Information