Thread: Has anyone had upper and lower digestive issues at the same time?

Has anyone had upper and lower digestive issues at the same time?

I have been suffering with what I think are considered digestive issues like feeling like I have pressure near rectum and I need to have a bowel movement but I don't just a sensation. My once usual bowel movements are now usually diarrhea.
    Lot's of pressure and almost a burning sensation near my anus. I do know that I have a hemorrhoid that I have had since the birth of my daughter 10 years ago. It never itches or hurts or bothers me.So I don't think it is that. Have an appt Friday with the GI because these symptoms have sent me in a spiral that I have anal cancer.

Along these symptoms I started having heartburn, upper abdominal pain and a sore throat with a lump like food is stuck every time I swallow. I usually do not ever have heartburn so this is a new thing for me.

I guess I am wondering if anyone else has experienced upper and lower symptoms?

Re: Has anyone had upper and lower digestive issues at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubiered View Post
    I have been suffering with what I think are considered digestive issues like feeling like I have pressure near rectum and I need to have a bowel movement but I don't just a sensation. My once usual bowel movements are now usually diarrhea.
    Lot's of pressure and almost a burning sensation near my anus. I do know that I have a hemorrhoid that I have had since the birth of my daughter 10 years ago. It never itches or hurts or bothers me.So I don't think it is that. Have an appt Friday with the GI because these symptoms have sent me in a spiral that I have anal cancer.

Along these symptoms I started having heartburn, upper abdominal pain and a sore throat with a lump like food is stuck every time I swallow. I usually do not ever have heartburn so this is a new thing for me.

I guess I am wondering if anyone else has experienced upper and lower symptoms?
    Every. Single. Day. I could write a book on the different variations of fun things my digestive system does.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Many years ago my dr told me the digestive system goes from your mouth to your butt. It's 1 muscular system, if one part is off it throws the other part off.

Very common in IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) but also could be an infection like H-Pylori (helicobacter pylori). So if it continues it's worth having a blood test for this.

Thread Information