Thread: Light chestedness for first time in life

Light chestedness for first time in life

24/M. I have been a sufferer of HA for many many years, and it is certainly something that is worsening. I have posted about a few complaints on here in recent times. Most of my HA revolves around cancer. In fact, I have never worried about my heart, heart attacks etc.

Over the past month or so I seem to be getting random bouts of 'light chestedness', almost like a sudden surge in my chest where for a few seconds I can really feel/notice my heart beat, it could be what some people refer to as butterflies. This started randomly. I have been under a lot of stress with work and dealing with the constant worry of HA - however these bouts started randomly and seem to happen randomly throughout the day. It does not seem to correlate with when I am stressed - in fact it seems to happen when i'm not thinking about things - just occurs suddenly and by surprise.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Light chestedness

24/M. Posting this here as did not get a response in the 'palpitations...' section. I have been a sufferer of HA for many many years, and it is certainly something that is worsening. I have posted about a few complaints on here in recent times. Most of my HA revolves around cancer. In fact, I have never worried about my heart, heart attacks etc.

Over the past month or so I seem to be getting random bouts of 'light chestedness', almost like a sudden surge in my chest where for a few seconds I can really feel/notice my heart beat, it could be what some people refer to as butterflies. This started randomly. I have been under a lot of stress with work and dealing with the constant worry of HA - however these bouts started randomly and seem to happen randomly throughout the day. It does not seem to correlate with when I am stressed - in fact it seems to happen when i'm not thinking about things - just occurs suddenly and by surprise.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Light chestedness for first time in life

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Light chestedness for first time in life

I think I know what you are describing. I get this occasionally. It feels like my heart misses a couple of beats and in my case I get a kind of split second lurching head rush/ faint feeling in my head and chest if that makes sense! They’re nothing to worry about.

Thread Information