Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast dimple and no referral

Re: Breast clinic....anybody else?

Thank you Blue! It’s a scary time but I hope this will give me the closure I need to move on from my HA! It’s just so hard not to imagine the worst case scenario too!

Hey Lime,

You'll be OKKkkkkaaaaayyyyyyyy, honestly. Just to let you know that I had my year three (after BC surgery) Mammogram results a couple of days ago, and they were all clear. This is the case for the huge majority of women who are effectively treated at early stages (everyone I know from March 2016 and were treated with me are the same ). Even IF you ever did have the thing you fear, you know what, nowadays its not 'the biggy' it was decades ago. As someone else said on this thread, chances are, as most referrals are - this is a benign issue. You aren't going to know until you see them, and nothing we say will probably make you feel hugely better at this point, as its pretty horrid waiting on this type of thing, but really even your WORST imaginations wouldn't be as bad as you think !!!!

Thank you Carys! You have a gift of knowing the right things to say!
    I’m so pleased that you got your results and that it was good news! I know you mentioned that you’d had an awful wait for them!
    And you’re right....I know that! I just come on her to vent because I have no other outlet! The only person who knows about this lump and referal is my fiancé. And whilst he is wonderful, I don’t like to talk to him about cancer worries, because he lost his mum to oesophageal cancer 2 years ago, and it is still very raw!
    Aaaaanyway, this little lump could have been the best thing to happen to me, because now I can finally have my boobs checked, and therefore hopefully move on from my HA which is very much breast focused! Trying to think positive here!!! 😂
    I think I might name it Bessy. Bessy the breast lump. It makes it less scary! Hahahah!

Not long to go! I know how you feel the wait is horrible and when I got there I was kind of on auto pilot - you will be ok hun, so many benign possibilities and only one bad one - think of those odds mine was a fibroadenoma - I had it scanned and biopsied - could be that could be a cyst, could be dense tissue etc etc xxxx

Thanks Gee.
    The lump has definitely shrunk, so I think the only possibility is that it’s a cyst! But I’ve had minor skin changes and pain in my underarm too, so I’m still worried they might find something else! Do they only scan the lump or do they scan the whole breasts?

Well, you know those lymph node things under your arm ......they respond and react (as they are meant to) to small infections and some benign lumps.

I'm not sure, in advance, what they will offer you in terms of checks as all different clinics over the country seem to do things slightly differently. Some, have you talk with a bc consultant first who does a manual exam, takes your descriptions of the problem and then puts you forward for ultrasound/and/or mammo as required. Others seem to just plough ahead with a mammo and then you see the consultant afterwards.

As Carys says I think it depends they pretty much did just my lump maybe a bit round it, my fibroadenoma has shrunk too so it could be that still, I was able to feel mine for the first time in pregnancy and they say that a surge of hormones make them grow so they could always be there and you not notice until that kind of thing happens, then after I had my son it shrunk ! X

Thank you both!
    I am 35 so I dont think I’ll get a mammogram. I just wondered if they would scan the rest of my breasts to see if I have anymore cysts (or anything else) lurking unnoticed. I really hope they do!

I’m 35 too (well in a month lol) they didn’t do a mamo on me and they didn’t scan both my breasts or all of the one with the fibroadenoma but they did a manual exam everywhere and they said all ok there. I have to stay I continued to freak out and I also started having pains all over so I was stressing over it all loads, I booked a private ultrasound with Nuffield - I didn’t need to have a GP referral... I know it’s feeding anxiety a bit but I needed it at the time, I still get the pains sometimes though but mainly when I’m really anxious so hoping they are anxiety! Xx

Oh no! I think I’d continue to freak out too if they didn’t scan both my boobs! The skin changes worry me more than the lump, but it’s only the lump that my GP wrote on my referral!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information