Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast dimple and no referral

Re: More boob drama. Need help!

Do you know what I have done this a few times hun, it’s so easy to slip back and think they didn’t notice this, or they didn’t look there or question which part they scanned or checked etc - I did the same and went back and forth in my head - turns out my breast fear was then over ridden by my now bowel cancer fear because I have had hemorrhoids in pregnancy and once after and now I have severe back ache - so actually the only thing stopped me worrying about my boobs was another bloody worry, isn’t HA exhausting!? But from another persons POV I would say your absolutely fine they would of done a manual full check before the scan right? And your GP has checked you a couple times? It’s just our worrying carries us in a vicious circle! Xx

Thanks Gee! You totally get it!

I had these totally random pains in both boobs after my appointment and that panicked me thinking she had made a mistake and I was riddled with tumors or something but when I was distracted (or worrying about something else) they would stop - our minds must be incredibly powerful!

Girl I feel you!! I have obsessed over things with my breasts more times than I'd like to admit. I have a pretty obvious dent in my right breast when I lift up arm. It's like a 2 inch line that dimples in. Anyway, I had it tested with mammogram, ultrasound and breast MRI and all came back ckear. I had my gynecologist look at it and a surgeon. Both said it was a stretched ligament from aging/pregnancy/nursing. Well, it's been 3 years since all that and it's still there, still the same. But I completely obsessed over it for months! I also have a tiny dimple just like you're describing in my other breast. I noticed it about a year ago. The surgeon told me, if you can straighten it out then it's just age related/skin stuff. So, lay down and tighten the skin, does it go away? I'm sure you're completely fine considering you've just been checked, but I sooooo understand! *Hugs*

That’s a good tip if you can stretch it out - I’ll remember that!

Ahh hun I’m sorry to hear you’re stressed, I totally get it, I’m the same, I went from boobs to uterus probs to now colon cancer, in the space of 2 weeks!!

I honestly think you’re fine. They will have noticed anything that was worth worrying about, they do this day in day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    The surgeon told me, if you can straighten it out then it's just age related/skin stuff. So, lay down and tighten the skin, does it go away? I'm sure you're completely fine considering you've just been checked, but I sooooo understand! *Hugs*
    Oh wow! I always wondered if there was a way to tell if it’s just age related stuff! Thank you so much for that info!!!!

I’ve been convinced I have breast cancer for over 6 months now. Pains and aches, mainly right boob and now a cyst/spot that’s come up on the skin between my boobs and won’t go away. (I’ve been squeezing it and picking plus covering it with sudacrem. Now some more spots have come up)! Stressed. Honestly does this crap ever go away? I’m so fed up of being panicked and worried non stop that I’m dying. It’s draining. I can’t help with the dent I’m afraid but I think our boobs change as we get older. I have raised veins and loads of silver stretch marks x

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    Oh wow! I always wondered if there was a way to tell if it’s just age related stuff! Thank you so much for that info!!!!
    You're welcome!

Urgh. I had my assessment with Talking Therapies on Friday, and they decided that the only help I need is “self directed help”. I’m a bit disappointed as I thought I may benefit from counselling or CBT. But I guess the service is so under funded, and I’m not an immediate risk to myself, so I’m on my own with a few worksheets.

In the meantime, I’m lying here, top half naked, holding a mirror and obsessing over a boob that was part-scanned less than two weeks ago.

When will this ever end! 😞

Sorry...I just needed somewhere to vent!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information