Thread: Pins needles tingling numbing

Pins needles tingling numbing

Several months ago i started having tingling and numbness in my arms. It is kind that sometimes wakes up from sleep in the night, and you have to shake your hand or hands to get it better. Since I had that, pretty severe, in my left hand/arm tenish years ago, and at the time I was told it is classic carpal tunnel, I recognized it now, but - this time it is both hands, and left leg / foot. The previous episode lasted for months, if not a year , but eventually it completely went away, and I wore hand brace as well. As I said, it came back after so many years, and it is not one hand any more. I am very scared, because I do not know what could cause it to come back and take over more than one limb. I also have palpitations. Unfortunately, I googled it, it all kinds of causes, some of them terrifying, are listed. I am very scared and nervous. This coming Friday I have a neurologist appointment. Also, in July I had sudden hearing loss in one ear, that prompted ENT doctor to order brain MRI. The MRI was normal, as he said to me, and also my hearing came back completely after ten days or so ( it was not anything in the ear, that is why MRI was ordered).

What possibly could it be? I know I am not diabetic, because my physical was in late march this year, everything normal. I am not young anymore ( 58), and I am woman, with a long history of anxiety. I am also going through a very hard period in my life this past year, but I am not able to connect such strange symptom with chronic stress. Any friendly response is welcome, especially from those who have it, or have experienced it.

Re: Pins needles tingling numbing

I would highly appreciate if someone would respond, especially if that person has similar experience, or someone they know.. Also, Fishmanpa, I would love if you respond.

Re: Pins needles tingling numbing

Lana,

So sorry to hear your anxiety if flaring up. I haven't experienced this but I am well versed in anxiety. Let's see if you can get grounded in a few comments you made in your post that are quite logical but you may not be seeing it through the haze of anxiety.

long history of anxiety/I am also going through a very hard period in my life

The first thing you must do is take a deep breath and recognize that although the symptoms are new, the pattern and story you are telling yourself is not. You understand that anxiety is part of your life and that tingling and numbness in appendages is very common with anxiety. Remember, in the height of anxiety your body enters fight or flight mode and blood will be rushing to the most important areas in this response namely your heart (palpitations) and lungs. This can happen to any limb at any time. This certainly can be happening to you if you have been going through a very hard period of life and are in a regular state of stress.

in July...MRI was normal

This is something you can hold on to for stability if you are concerned about it being neurological. You had an all clear MRI, that's a good thing and that's truth.

This coming Friday I have a neurologist appointment/I googled it

You have an appointment with a medical professional in less than two days. Trust that the doctor will provide you with the help you need. Google will not help you so stay off it and stick to what I've already detailed as being true because Google is not truth for you.

Best Wishes.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Thread Information