Thread: Toes/ foot twitching

Toes/ foot twitching

My big toe and sometimes the second toe have a regular twitch that has been going on for about 3 years. It isn’t constant and comes and goes, or at least me noticing it does, and happens only at rest. I don’t think it has got any worse in this time, I am just noticing and worrying about it more. It doesn’t affect my movement or anything but it can be annoying when I am trying to sleep or watch tv. It sometimes fees like the whole foot is going but when I look it is only the toes.

It started after a severe bout of sciatica a few years ago which lasted months and was very debilitating. Due to the sciatica, my calf was numb for ages and the feeling has never really come back 100% there, though it much better and the sciatica is all but gone. I get an occasional painful lower back but know what to do to prevent it worsening now. I also still get occasional cramp in that calf, but nothing I can’t deal with. I was under treatment of a doctor at the time of the sciatica and she said this was all normal and to be expected. (Not the twitching, that came later and I didn’t ask her about that)

I have health anxiety but have never really worried about this before, but now I am - you know how HA goes. I am sitting here now with my legs relaxed watching the big toe go like bilio and I am panicking. I think this has been made worse by me noticing my little finger on the same side going too- but I am almost certain this is down to the way i hold my mobile phone as I have experienced this before and it went away when I changed phone style. I also occasionally get eyelid and lip twitches when I am very tired and stressed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone please tell me this is normal and almost certainly caused by nerve compression because my HA is bad right now and I can’t think straight.
    Last edited by sarahsarah; 18-09-19 at 19:40.

Re: Toes/ foot twitching

Yes, I’m experiencing the same thing right now and first had it start in perhaps March this year. I worry about it, only from a view that I can’t control it and don’t know what causes it, and mainly whether it will keep me awake at night as I find it irritating, distracting. Most of the time I’m fine though, just every now and then it really gets me! Did you ever get to the bottom of it for yourself?

Thread Information