Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purpura?

Purpura?

Hello, on Monday my wife noticed a weird rash on my back about the size of a baseball. It consists of probably 15 or 20 red blotches, each about the width of a pencil eraser. After stupidly googling it I have decided it’s Purpura... the spots are too big to be petechiae and they don’t blanch. The causes for this range from unknown to some pretty nasty C words. My question is is this dr. Visit worthy, or is it more of a wait a while and react if it doesn’t go away after a week or so, thing? I have yet to get myself to the point where this is consuming my life, but I feel the momentum shifting in that direction. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Re: Purpura?

anything is worthy of a drs appt IF you are worried about it..... we can't advise on medical issues as majority if us are not medically trained so a drs appt i always better. Maybe you could have a word with them about your anxiety while you are there?
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 18-09-19 at 23:06.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Drisque View Post
    After stupidly googling...
    Yep. 😖

Yeah I know lol. I routinely see a therapist whom helps me with cbt, but I can’t bring myself to try ssri’s... maybe it’s time :(

Surely not googling any more is an easier path than SSRI's? Health anxiety is an issue of habitual thinking, you don't need antidepressants for that. Practice changing habits.

There is more than one vegetable in this stew, my friend. But, ultimately I agree. I’ve never been a fan of the idea of taking antidepressants.

Quote Originally Posted by Drisque View Post
    Yeah I know lol.
    It's really not a laughing matter, you've freaked yourself out by googling and your response is...

"Yeah I know lol" ???

That’s me trying to make light of a tough moment I’m trying to power through.

Currently have something like that on my feet, have a doctors appointment this upcoming Monday aaaaand worrying myself literally sick surprising I know
    How did it turn out for you? Much love

Hi, I used to have púrpura back when I was a child, usually the rashes would be way bigger than a baseball ball and I would have them in multiple places at the same time, I don't have it anymore, but I still get those spots when I bump my leg somewhere... If you are worried than no harm checking it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information