Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purpura?

Re: Purpura?

For me, health anxiety is a little like evil voices whispering in my head. When I am in the midst of it, all I know is that I can’t trust my evaluation of the situation. I need to turn to others who will ground me and give me a reasonable point of view. So, Drisque, I totally get where you’re coming from.

I used to go to the doctor a lot, sometimes daily. I don’t want to start that again, so I often ask this forum whether I should go see a doctor sooner than later.

Could your spot just be a bruise? Sometimes I get a bruise and I have no idea where it came from.

If it were me, and my Health anxiety wasn’t ruling my thoughts, I’d probably wait at least a few days before going to the doctor. My first thought would be that it’s some sort of bruise or broken capillaries from a minor injury or pressure. If it doesn’t look any better in a week, I’d go see my doctor.

That’s what I would do. However, try to push away your health anxiety and find the part of you that is the real you. I think we often have an inner sense of what the right thing to do is. If you can find part of you and trust it, you’ll be better off.

I don’t know if this will help or not, but my 40-year-old son has had Purpura spots on his legs for several months now. At his wife’s insistence, He finally went to the doctor. The doctor did a bunch of blood tests and everything seems fine. His doctor Couldn’t provide a reason for the Purpura; however, my son has been under enormous stress lately. His newest daughter was born with multiple birth defects. She almost died. Sigh. It’s been rough.

Best wishes!

That definitely helped me Debbie I understand about rough times, feel free to PM me or anything at all if you want to talk or just need a funny video link or something, you aren't alone. That goes for anyone else too

Thank you so much Zig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information