Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello! I am happy that I found this site because I have been struggling so bad lately! I have had anxiety for years and OCD for years. After I had my last baby 9 1/2 months ago I started having a lot of health anxiety and its only getting worse. I constantly think I have something like cancer and it's completely taking over my life being anxious all the time. I get nothing done most days because I am just so anxious and I try not to google my symptoms because I know it's the worst thing to do but I always end up doing it anyways. I start therapy next week but I am also glad I found this site and that other people understand what I am going through. It's lonely dealing with health anxiety and OCD.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya stephlynn13 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hello!

Thank you venusbluejeans! I have started reading some articles already and I am really liking all the info on this site. So glad to be here!

Re: Hello!

Hi Stephen,

I have also been struggling recently. Having extreme and extended panic/anixety attacks. I fixate and obsess on the most trivial of things - the last few nights have been triggered by who else someone on a TV show looks like - I then get rising anxiety and then panic and then more anxious/panicky because I am stressing about something so trivial. I think I am going mad. It is a vicious circle. I went to see my GP today and have been put back on meds but it's too early for them to have any impact. My GP also suggested I look at some self help info on this site - https://web.ntw.nhs.uk/selfhelp/ It may be of use to you.

I wish you all the very best and success in beating your anxiety/OCD.

Thread Information