Thread: Breast ultrasound wait

Breast ultrasound wait

Hi!

Iíve struggled with HA specifically with female health issues. I STRUGGLED when Iím daughter was born with my breast and managed to make it trough without too much reassurance.

Fast forward Iím 17 months postpartum and havenít breastfed in a year. Around July I found a lump near my nipple standing up that feels oval flat and rubbery. I can kinda still feel it laying down but itís most noticeable standing up. Itís big maybe the size of my pinky finger tip. I waiting for my secheduled annual exam like my CBT has taught me and my doctor has suggested I get a ultrasound. Iím so freaked out and to boot I canít get in for 2 weeks. Iím so worried that since itís near my nipple and prominent itís cancer.

Any advice???? Iím trying to keep my wits about me as I wait.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.Ē

Re: Breast ultrasound wait

Quote Originally Posted by nicol1333 View Post
    Hi!

I’ve struggled with HA specifically with female health issues. I STRUGGLED when I’m daughter was born with my breast and managed to make it trough without too much reassurance.

Fast forward I’m 17 months postpartum and haven’t breastfed in a year. Around July I found a lump near my nipple standing up that feels oval flat and rubbery. I can kinda still feel it laying down but it’s most noticeable standing up. It’s big maybe the size of my pinky finger tip. I waiting for my secheduled annual exam like my CBT has taught me and my doctor has suggested I get a ultrasound. I’m so freaked out and to boot I can’t get in for 2 weeks. I’m so worried that since it’s near my nipple and prominent it’s cancer.

Any advice???? I’m trying to keep my wits about me as I wait.
    im sorry I do not have any experience with this but I hope your scan comes back clear. There are so many benign conditions which can mimic cancer symptoms.

Ive got a scan next week for breast pain and I’m terrified. I hope both of us get a benign diagnoses x

Re: Breast ultrasound wait

Thank you for your response! Iím hoping for benign conditions for both of us! The waiting is awful isnít it?

Thread Information