Thread: Breast ultrasound wait

Breast ultrasound wait

Hi!

I’ve struggled with HA specifically with female health issues. I STRUGGLED when I’m daughter was born with my breast and managed to make it trough without too much reassurance.

Fast forward I’m 17 months postpartum and haven’t breastfed in a year. Around July I found a lump near my nipple standing up that feels oval flat and rubbery. I can kinda still feel it laying down but it’s most noticeable standing up. It’s big maybe the size of my pinky finger tip. I waiting for my secheduled annual exam like my CBT has taught me and my doctor has suggested I get a ultrasound. I’m so freaked out and to boot I can’t get in for 2 weeks. I’m so worried that since it’s near my nipple and prominent it’s cancer.

Any advice???? I’m trying to keep my wits about me as I wait.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Re: Breast ultrasound wait

Quote Originally Posted by nicol1333 View Post
    Hi!

I’ve struggled with HA specifically with female health issues. I STRUGGLED when I’m daughter was born with my breast and managed to make it trough without too much reassurance.

Fast forward I’m 17 months postpartum and haven’t breastfed in a year. Around July I found a lump near my nipple standing up that feels oval flat and rubbery. I can kinda still feel it laying down but it’s most noticeable standing up. It’s big maybe the size of my pinky finger tip. I waiting for my secheduled annual exam like my CBT has taught me and my doctor has suggested I get a ultrasound. I’m so freaked out and to boot I can’t get in for 2 weeks. I’m so worried that since it’s near my nipple and prominent it’s cancer.

Any advice???? I’m trying to keep my wits about me as I wait.
    im sorry I do not have any experience with this but I hope your scan comes back clear. There are so many benign conditions which can mimic cancer symptoms.

Ive got a scan next week for breast pain and I’m terrified. I hope both of us get a benign diagnoses x

Thank you for your response! I’m hoping for benign conditions for both of us! The waiting is awful isn’t it?

Hi, how did this turn out? I’m in the same boat right now.

Thread Information