Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrified of infection from getting fillings

Terrified of infection from getting fillings

I had 2 fillings done in the left back of my mouth yesterday. The dentist told me that the 2 were pretty deep and close to the nerve. After the numbness wore off yesterday and today my teeth that have fillings just feel achy... I have heard of infections and now I am really getting scared. I am checking my temp to make sure I don’t have a fever. I just feel off though... Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: Terrified of infection from getting fillings

Totally normal for newly filled teeth to ache don't give it another thought.

Infection isn't really something to be terrified of anyhow. I've had a handful of dental infections over the years, and all I had to do was see my dentist and take care of it. No problem. HOWEVER, I agree with NancyW - perfectly normal for aches following fillings.

Ditto

Thank you guys. I agree- it was a couple of deep fillings and so I know it could take a while for the nerve to all settle down in there. I’m trying to remain optimistic. The only thing that scares me is the amount of xrays they did on my mouth from my first visit. I woke up in the middle of the night and the left side of my mouth is just aching something terrible.. I am starting to worry about mouth cancer or something else going on. If there is a bit of an infection I’m worried before Monday when I can call my dentist it’s going to go into my blood stream. I guess as you can tell my mind is just going 100 mph again. I feel panicky all over.

I’m not sure how I’ll afford a root canal if they determine I need one, medical bills are absolutely killing me at the moment. I had to drop my college classes to pay for my last scare about my chest in the en did July-August. I’m not handling all of this stress too well
    Last edited by UserName20; 21-09-19 at 09:56.

I would try and give it a few more days if you can. Take paracetamol and hopefully it will feel better soon. I had a filling yesterday and it’s still aching today. I had a filling 3 weeks ago & I felt rubbish for days after.

Thank you Scass, how many days did it take your mouth to feel better? I know especially with the fillings being deep my nerves may just be aggravated right now and not healed. However, it is now just a constant throb throughout my lower left back teeth where the 2 fillings were. And it hurts petty bad. :( I have been taking my temperature a lot today worrying that I have a fever and that I have an infection spreading through my body. The thermometer is reading 97.7-98.3. Obviously it isn’t telling me I have a fever but I’m worried it’s off.. normally it reads 96-97. And I felt chilly earlier.

Before they drilled my teeth they did many xrays a week or so before and told me no infection was present. It’s like I’m worried the dentist don’t use clean equipment or something... I just am so terrified. I left my dentist a voicemail and will hopefully be squeezed in on Monday.. I’m worried it’s sepsis.

I saw an Facebook and on oral cancer and now that fear is running through my mind too.

Do your parents know how much you're suffering with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, I came home from work today and was upset and told my dad how much my tooth was bugging me. He got mad and told me he’s “tired of this sh*t” and that “maybe I should just run back to the Er then.”

All of these bills are completely being paid by me. I had to drop out of college to pay for everything. But my parents are extremely angry at me. Since I’m 19 and was in my second year of college I was working part time as a cashier to pay for my school. But now I am terrified of ruining my credit. Great start to my life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information