Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
I agree with Joe. And yes, @BlueIris is a star

@OP I was in a shared house at Uni when I was around 23. I was cleaning my lizard tank (geckos) and suddenly I felt off. I had a horrid pain in my chest and my heart rate rocketed. I told my then girlfriend who tried to calm me but my heart rate was abnormal. I ran downstairs into one of the other girls rooms screaming "I'm dying I need an ambulance please help me". She was lay on the bed and completely freaked out and then worried for me. I ran outside hysterical pacing back and forth begging people to feel my pulse. "Please check my pulse this isn't right".

I waited about a minute after calling 999 and no ambulance. I didn't even give them time. I called 999 again. I told the lady "Please I'm dying how far is the ambulance I need to know the GPRS location". The lady was telling me to calm down. I sat on the fence crying. The fence broke and I fell on my butt. The ambulance arrived. I went inside and they hooked me up.

I begged the man to hold his hand. He laughed and said no. He said you're having a panic attack take some breaths. He said my heart was fast, but normal and that I wasn't having a heart attack. He insisted going to the hospital is a waste of time but he will take me if I liked. I declined.

I went back indoors full of guilt. My little brother seen it all too. He was in tears. I forgot about him. My chest was still hurting like really bad. I started feeling my chest and I could feel the rib cage was sore. Turns out the panic caused me to damage a muscle in my rib. That's how tense I was. It took 3 days for that pain to subside.

Worst panic attack ever. Hope you feel better
Oh wow! I'm sorry that happened to you. It's all really a horrible thing isn't it. Thank you for taking the time to write me such a detail reply.

Not to over look all of that but gecko's? I have some now! Two Common Lizard (Lacerta vivipara) named Busty and Rusty! Kept them as pets ever since I was ten. Do you still keep them? They freak my boyfriend out lol