Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst painc ever

Re: Worst painc ever

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You’re doing so well! Celebrate all the wins!
    Thank you again Scass x! Sometimes are easier than others- and I'm still here so that's something after all those rough nights! And strange feeling of the body heart etc etc but like I said I'm still here! Doing my best to make everyday better and better

After feeling strange all night with my heart again but trying to over past it - Just had another bad epsoide of panic :( I couldn't get to sleep all night (this issue is becoming worse and worse for me). I was finally going to sleep and suddenly I felt this strange rush in my body and everything felt numb and strange but my heart rate when up and it felt it would we missing beats or something. I end up sitting upright in my bed and gasping so loud- my brother who was getting ready for work heard me from downstairs and came up to ask if I was okay :( I say yeah to him because I was so freaked and didn't even calm yet. So now I'm alone in my room trying to calm my breathing. Idk why this keeps happening, I feel like something has to be wrong but I'm probs just overthinking

I feel like should a fool posting here over and over again but I'm scared to talk to people in my life because I've been called horrible names before in moments like this and I'm scared of people reaction

I now have some acid coming up my thoart- so maybe it's to do with that ?? Idk anymore I'm trying so hard and I feel like I get nothing to show for it. I'm near to tears thinking about how I'm to scared to sleep now because I'm scared of dying (I'm stuipd and dramaict I know(

You're really not going to die from a touch of reflux, but you're not a fool either. You're not well, but that doesn't make you stupid or anything other than frightened.

Yeah you're not stupid, you're simply dealing with a lot of physical and mental pain.

Having unsupportive people around you actually makes it worse as it makes you feel like you have to either hide how you're feeling, or change.

However, what you're experiencing is still 'normal' for anxiety.

One of the best things you can do is have a little mental mantra before you go to bed. Remind yourself that you may wake up with your heart pounding (very, very common) but it doesn't mean anything sinister. Your heart is supposed to do that with stimulus, and the stimulus here is anxiety.

Night time panic used to be one of my worst symptoms, but I learned to just accept it. When it happened (and it still does sometimes) I simply sit up, go for a pee, drink some water, stretch (or a combination of those things) and slowly lay down again. Let the nonsense pass....which it will. Could be 30 seconds, could be 10-15 minutes. It doesn't matter, just sit it out.

Reflux is also common with anxiety because of the connection between mind and gut, one can affect the other.

You're doing fine. Just remember it's that fear of panic that keeps the cycle going. Panic itself is just a sensation, so riding it out and consciously not reacting to it is the best thing to do. Not easy...but effective.

I’ve had that rush before, sometimes I think it’s actually where I’m relaxing, but my body is so tense it’s fighting it. It’s not a heart thing, it’s a mind thing.

I used to get it while dropping off to sleep, and would wake with a gasp too. That’s when I started doing progressive muscle relaxation. If you do it enough you can do it anywhere in seconds. I just did it while writing this - a quick mental scan of my body, and I’m tense in a few places, so I concentrate & relax them. It’s so easy with a little bit of practice x

If you can try to "normalise" these anxiety symptoms it really does help. This happens to me a lot but I'm bored by it so I just stay with the feelings and carry on doing what I'm doing.

Hi everyone, thank you all for the replies. I will come back and give a more update later but basically yesterday I had to go visit my therapist after my family became worried as I was using words they said I used alot when I tried to hard myself in the past and they were worried. I have another appointment with my therapist Monday and my GP wants to see me in the next few days also. Some old issues have cropped up being as I'm someone who struggles with dates and times, this time of year can be alot I'm dealing with it all and thank you for the words and I'll update soon again x
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 04-10-19 at 01:32.

Perhaps you have an anniversary this time of year.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information