Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sun spots

Re: Sun spots

says online they appear around the age of 40 but can appear earlier or later depending on the amount of sun exposer you get. Nothing about it developing into cancer.

Sounds like it’s completely normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat99 View Post
    says online they appear around the age of 40 but can appear earlier or later depending on the amount of sun exposer you get. Nothing about it developing into cancer.

Sounds like it’s completely normal to me.
    That's what I read too, but this damn HA won't let me live! :( my husband who also has a freckled complexion has a few on his face, perhaps more than I do, but mine look a little darker as I'm paler.

When I put makeup on though, you can't see them at all.

As a result of this I'm absolutely obsessed with staying out of the sun lately. Has anyone else obsessively avoided something because they're scared of it? I've never really been a sun lover anyway.

Skin cancer fears have given me such a hard time lately.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen
    Thank you

Tempted to pay £150 to get cryotherapy for these sun spots. I've never noticed them till now, my makeup covers them pretty well.

Since my anxiety about skin cancer started about 2 months ago I've noticed EVERYTHING. I've seen the dermatologist twice (he used cryo for 2 freckles which are gone now) and he tells me I'm fine but now I've noticed the sun spots on my face, I'm terrified he's missed them because I had makeup on for my appointment.

Maybe I should go one more time then I can actually enjoy my holiday in November, if he tells me it's fine and cryo's them off. :(

Sigh...

Re: Dermatologist appointment tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by LJay View Post
    3 doctors, and a dermatologist have told me I’m fine. The freckle next to my eye is just a freckle.

My husband says he wouldn’t even think about it anymore if it were him.

Why am I still obsessing over the damn thing. Why, when I see it in the mirror, my heart starts pounding at the thought of it becoming or being melanoma.

Why can’t I just relax and accept what I’ve been told
    You’ve just summed up a thought that I have about my eyes every day now for about 9 months. I’ve equally been told not to worry and yet I do...take some positives from the fact that we are all on here feeling the same as you a lot of the time, and that you are almost certain to have nothing at all wrong with you. As a GP said to me a few months ago, “please trust us, we know what we’re doing”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went on BBC news this evening and there’s an article about skin cancer (melanoma).

Although the article talks about how medicine has progressed, it’s set off my health anxiety again.

It got so bad this evening I started picking at a mole on my arm and made myself bleed. My derm has told me I’m fine but it still plagues my mind and I can’t take this anymore. :(

You can't be picking at these things and making them bleed - just leave it alone

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Dear LJay, I am so sorry you are go through this. I have suffered from health anxiety for decades. For me, the thing that has helped the most is to come to terms with the uncertainties of life. This has not been easy at all. It has taken years of therapy. And, I think it is something I will struggle with my whole life. I have been doing quite well, but, for whatever reason, the last few days have been hard again. UGH!! I have tools in my arsenal though. This current mood will pass. (Positive thinking here.)

My current therapist has me practice living in the moment (mindfulness), daily meditation, and giving myself lots of self-soothing, self-care, and self-compassion. Reassurance from my physician never gave me the peace I craved. My mind just turned to another illness. Now, there are many days that I feel incredible peace. I am okay with life. I am okay with the moment and am free from worry about the future. It is hard work, but it has paid off.

I hope you will find someone who can help you learn to let go of your anxieties. You may not achieve permanent 24/7 relief, but at least you can have some perfect moments in life.

I'm sending good vibes your way.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information