Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange clicking head help

Strange clicking head help

Hi
    Can anyone help about a week ago I was eating a cookie and got this cracking , clicking like rice crispies noise when I ate in my jaw etc . I had it before twice but it just went . Same this time it was gone the next day . However instead of that noise I get a clicking noise when I walk around top of ear on same side . Not in ear but sort of higher than jaw . It ok if I sit still and does it a bit when I move but most when I walk

I mentioned to my dentist and also had a doctor for other routine check and both thought tmj . It not coming from my jaw though and make no noise when I eat only when walking . But it is funny it started right after I had that noise in jaw

Driving me nuts and feeling bit anxious over it

I also had a large upper molar removed 5 weeks ago so dentist thinks it might be connected

Any one ? Or any advice how to get rid of that click click ever time I take a step !!

It similar to your knees or ankles clicking

Thanks in advance for taking time to read it reply

Ellie

Re: Strange clicking head help

Bones cracking and making all sorts of noises is part of being human, particularly as we age. My bones make all sorts of pops and cracks and clicks - my jaw, back, neck, "head", knees, feet, hands, etc. And I'm only 32. 😂

Thanks for replying . I am ok with clicking everywhere else but this is in my head not jaw (or feels much higher than jaw)
    I did not think we had much bones to make a click in head . It quite loud at times and really worst walking .
    It is freaking me out that I can’t understand why it happening or what causing it or what to do to get it to go !

Ellie

Can't offer any assistance with this because I'm going through something similar. My right ear has been crackling every time I swallow for 4 months now. I've tried a round of antibiotics, a round of steroids, and am now wearing a dental guard at night because the ENT I saw thinks it's related to TMJ. I don't agree with that... I still think it's an ear thing but he says my ears are clear. It is very annoying to not know what's causing it because I can't fix it without a cause. Good luck with your mysterious click!
    Sue

I'm not sure what this is- But I've had it on/off for years now!

Quote Originally Posted by DustingMyselfOff View Post
    Can't offer any assistance with this because I'm going through something similar. My right ear has been crackling every time I swallow for 4 months now. I've tried a round of antibiotics, a round of steroids, and am now wearing a dental guard at night because the ENT I saw thinks it's related to TMJ. I don't agree with that... I still think it's an ear thing but he says my ears are clear. It is very annoying to not know what's causing it because I can't fix it without a cause. Good luck with your mysterious click!
    Sue
    TMJ disorder can absolutely cause what you're experiencing as well. I also get this, and I have for many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    TMJ disorder can absolutely cause what you're experiencing as well. I also get this, and I have for many years now.
    Really?!?!? What puzzles me about it is I hear it every time I swallow, which makes me think it's an ear / eustachian tube thing. Why would my jaw issue cause my eardrum to crackle when I swallow? I'm going to keep wearing the night guard and see if the problem disappears.... I guess that would be pretty affirming.
    Sue

Really?!?!? What puzzles me about it is I hear it every time I swallow, which makes me think it's an ear / eustachian tube thing. Why would my jaw issue cause my eardrum to crackle when I swallow? I'm going to keep wearing the night guard and see if the problem disappears.... I guess that would be pretty affirming.
    Sue
    Well, you may be correct, now that I've looked it up. Eustachian tube dysfunction apparently is a common cause of crackling in the ears. Heck, learn something new every day. 😂 Regardless, I've had this issue for years, and I have no idea if I have an ear related disorder. And at this point it seems pointless to pursue, as I don't have any other symptoms. 🤷*♂️

EDIT: But apparently TMJ disorder can lead to chronic ETD, so yes, TMJ disorder can still cause this crackling. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    Well, you may be correct, now that I've looked it up. Eustachian tube dysfunction apparently is a common cause of crackling in the ears. Heck, learn something new every day.  Regardless, I've had this issue for years, and I have no idea if I have an ear related disorder. And at this point it seems pointless to pursue, as I don't have any other symptoms. 路*♂️

EDIT: But apparently TMJ disorder can lead to chronic ETD, so yes, TMJ disorder can still cause this crackling. 
    LOL So either I have just TMJ, or just ETD, or maybe the TMJ caused the ETD and I have both. But as you said, I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it's not life-threatening and it's something we can live with. As long as we don't "panic" about it, we're doing good!
    Sue

LOL So either I have just TMJ, or just ETD, or maybe the TMJ caused the ETD and I have both. But as you said, I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it's not life-threatening and it's something we can live with. As long as we don't "panic" about it, we're doing good!
    Sue
    Exactly! 😁 See, we can still think like rational people. Haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information