Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Decreased urination - kidney failure

Dry mouth and tongue

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has suffered prolonged dry mouth and tongue?

On Sunday I scared myself into thinking I was diabetic because after working in the garden all day I became very thirsty and felt parched until night time. Started getting a dry mouth, and began peeing more often - almost on cue with the diabetic worries.

I tested my blood sugar with my MIL who is diabetic yesterday, and it was 3.9. Worried it's actually too low, but she said this is completely ok in non-diabetic people - she is also a retired dr, so I try and trust her judgement.

I still feel I'm peeing more often, and I don't think I'm dehydrated. I had a horrid cold/virus last weekend, starting on the 8th, coughing up loads of phlegm, mild temp, sore throat and bunged sinuses. I'm still a little bunged up now, and there's still some white/yellow marks on my tonsils which is concerning me - not stones or pus, just white/yellow discolouration.

However this dry mouth and tongue is really stressing me out. Since monday I've been constantly swallowing, manually producing saliva and just obsessing about it - I don't if I'm creating the problem, or if it's genuinely there. I've also had boughts of geographic tongue for around 10 years and that's flaring up a bit now.

I've had a glut of anxiety symptoms over the past year since my HA kicked off - tingling, IBS went into overdrive, headaches and dizziness, head rushes, tinnitus worsened, overactive bladder, palpitations and being out of breath and so on.......but I can't bring myself to think it's anxiety again.

I'm concerned that there's a serious issue going on, like an autoimmune disease or something, especially as there's still marks on my tonsils. There's some nasty things coming up if I google these symptoms, and I'm trying really hard to not visit the doc again.

I'm seriously at my wits end with new and changing symptoms, it feels relentless at times.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 19-09-19 at 22:59.

Re: Dry mouth and tongue

I have had a dry mouth (more so at night) for 2 years now. The docs say there is nothing wrong.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Reframe it, Mr. L - they're not symptoms, they're sensations.

The white/cream marks on my tonsils are symptoms though. Theyve been there all week and all medical websites say they should go within a few days, and my sore throat was getting better last wednesday.

Have a chat to a professional, but it's genuinely unlikely to be anything nasty. Remember what happened to me this weekend? The internet told me that a rash like mine couldn't be anything other than a serious disease. I'm still fine, though.

Well I spoke with my GP yesterday over the phone and told him about the tonsils and all he said was give it another week. I just know they’ll still be there in a week’s time

So what if they are? Sometimes things linger a bit.

Maybe you're right, just can't feel like there's an underlying cause giving me these symptoms. Feel so run down today, been on multi vits, omega3, and vitamin C supplements all week, but nothing's helping.

How many times have you felt there was a sinister underlying cause before, though, and how many times have you been right?

I’ve had a dry mouth and tongue,mine was caused by medication.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information