Thread: Upper left quadrant abdominal pain for months - so scared

Upper left quadrant abdominal pain for months - so scared

Hey Guys,

some 4 months ago i started getting pinching pain in my left upper quadrant, same spot always, with movement as well as in rest. Doc's cant find anything. Had an abdominal ultrasound completely clear, blood and stool tests, colonoscopy 5 years ago clear.. Its not IBS because i have had that for years and years and know how it feels.. I am lost and so is my doc.. Getting pretty worried...

Problem is: i am currently 3 months pregnant (pain is for sure NOT related, consulted gyno about this, also started earlier) so there are not many more things i can do to find the course.. CT would make sense but is not possible now.. Please help me!! So worried! COuld it be gastric or pancreatic cancer? Colon cancer? Some other scary thing... gosh it is killing me.

Anyone ever had localized pain for this long and it not ending up something bad?

Re: Upper left quadrant abdominal pain for months - so scared

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietyel View Post
    Anyone ever had localized pain for this long and it not ending up something bad?
    Pretty much everyone whose had a similar complaints here.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It "could be" anything, but it's far less likely to be anything of concern. The body is a very strange and very busy machine. Aches and pains happen, both short term and long term. I have occasional localized pain as well that may last a few days, or may last months. No biggie.

Thanks! Positive thoughts are difficult when in so much pain though 😫. Amd the thought of possibly staying in pain till after delivery ugh..

Thread Information