Thread: Back to square 1 again!!

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member

Back to square 1 again!!

Hi all, I'm back, again! guess you'll never be rid

Well I have successfully gone months with no anxious feelings and no panic attacks until the other night my BF and me were laying watching tv, he was cozied into me and out of the blue my heart starts racing! he was like 'omg are you ok, your heart is going mental!' probably the worst thing to hear! I just sprung up out of bed and started pacing doing my breathing, took me hours to calm down and so I could sleep Since that night I've been feeling a little off, loss of apitite, DP, hot flushes, restlessness! How could I be doing soo well one minute then right back to square 1 all over again??

I don't feel that I'm under any stress or having any problems right now, if anything my life has done a 360 in the past year and I'm doing so well. I have been seperated from my kids father ( who I believe to of been the basis to all my troubles ) for the past 6 months, stuck to my guns this time and have had no contact. Recently got it together with Paul, couldn't of found a nicer guy tbh, treats me well, good with my kids, supportive ect. I'm due to be starting work soon, something I've been dying to do for years. So if everything is going so well why am I starting to feel bad again? I'm trying not to dwell on it, and let the thoughts take me over but it's hard.

For instance I got up this morning feeling good, got the kids they're breakie, lay back in bed for a bit, then all of sudden again started to feel really hot so thought I'd better get up and distract my self! I've done some cleaning got washed and dressed but still feeling like crap. I right now have blurry vision, sore head, jittery (shaky hands and things), yawning - yet wide awake , just feeling so crap

My pal thinks I should go back the GP but I don't want to be put back onto Citalopram as it just makes me sleepy, I don't want to go to a councellor again as I didn't find it really helped me, she wasn't able to tell me things I didn't already know - infact my last councellor hadn't heard of 7/11 breathing and I had to tell her so she could write it down! that was the clincher for me that stopped me going back tbh!

Well sorry for the novel, but you can always count on me to be long winded!

Re: Back to square 1 again!!

Hi Jammie

Long time no see!!!

Its just a blip mate chances are you will be fine again in a few days!!

Im also better now but still have odd times when it comes back to bite me on the bum!!!

Please dont worry or focus on it!!

Luv Kaz x x x

Hello Jammie Sounds Like Your Having A Setback.....it Could Be The Anticapation Of The New Job Even If You Dont Think Your Thinking About It Or Like Many Of Us Sometimes It Just Comes Back And It Makes Us Angry That It Did You Know It Has Passed Before And It Shall Pass Again...you Been Thru Alot Of Changes Also That Does It For Me "changes: Wish Ya The Best.........linda

Hi jammiebasket,

Yep, like Kaz says this is just a blip - believe it!

I find that accepting the fact that you may get 'bitten on the bum' any time goes a long way to actually preventing it happen.

And if it doesn't then bite the bullet, ride the wave and tell it you'll be even more ready for it next time!

It's a case of telling yourself you're victorious even when you feel exactly the opposite.

This will pass, but it is very horrible while it's happening I know.

big hugs

Hi Claire,

Sorry to hear your having a blip at the minute try not to dwell on it and don't allow it to get you again, its just popped back to test you and see how strong you are, so just prove to it that no way are you going to allow it back and kick it back into touch

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hi Claire

Like the others have said its a little blip which will pass, we have all had them hun, somethimes i think it makes us stronger when we pull through it ! You will soon be back on track so stay positive

Keep smiling hun

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Claire,

I agree with the others hun it's just a wee blip and you will get through this but until then it's nice to have you back again xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Hi jammiebasket,

As everyone else has said, it's just a blip bud and is worrying because it came out of the blue. A new job always creates a few nerves so perhaps it's that even though you're not aware of thinking about it. Try to turn it into a positive experience and think at least I know how to deal with things and won't let it get on top of me.

Take care,

Mike

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member

Sorry it's taken me soo long to reply guys! got soo busy there for a bit, but thank you very much for you replies!

I think it could be alot to do with tiredness that I've started to feel anxious again. So am trying to get more sleep and keep myself busy so I don't dwell on it.

Thanks again guys, very much appreciated

take care xx

Hi Jammie,

You said it best when you said you try not to dwell on it. Blips like this happen every now and again. But you're FAAAR from being back to square 1 again. In fact that would be just about impossible because you've taken the time to learn more about your anxiety. So even though you did have an attack, you're WAAAY more equiped to dealing with it and moving on. Knowledge and understanding are our greatest allies in this way.

You should take your own advice and try not to question the attack so much. If you stay focused on the attack, more attacks will follow suit. It's a difficult cycle to break in that way. But i'm sure you know all this. You're way ahead of the game and I'm sure a lot of people here have and will continue to benefit from your insight.

-Rachel

Thread Information