:/ I find myself again worrying about the dreaded rabies, my husband and I are on vacation in Santa Barbara- our first night here we went out to dinner- to a very crowded, loud,indoor/outdoor , mexican sports bar- the hostess sat us in this really crammed section ( lots of tables And couches) and I sat on a puffy couch/ bench made out of like... elastic rope with cushions.... I couldn’t see anything underneath the cushions and cause it was so dark and tight... I kept thinking to myself...what if a crazy bat is hanging off the botttom of this chair??

Anyway... I got home and noticed scratch marks all over one of my legs... and 2 small dots at the end of one that look like a bite... I inspected my shoes and noticed that the zipper enclosure on the back was all bent out like a needle and sticking straight out.... when I “recreated Sitting with my ankles crossed, it hit in the exact place and would make a long mark...and created a similar Mark with a little pressure, and I most certainly felt it...

The thing is I was already nervous about any itch or minimal movement that night since I was sitting under a dark/crammed table -that I was sure I would have felt my shoe doing it ( I had marks in 3
Separate places)- these marks weren’t there before dinner- I know cause I would have seen them as I changed into shorts...how could I have missed it?

The whole next day they were itching and tingling ( I’m sure you know-classic symptom of rabies)...

Do you think a bat could have been under there and got me without me
Knowing? I know it sounds crazy... but you know how “our type” can think... I guess a rapid bat was found at their zoo just a few months prior :/

Thanks again so much!