Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm really struggling with this rash ...

I'm really struggling with this rash ...

Hi I haven't posted on here for a while, but am really struggling at present. Over the last few days I've developed a bumpy rash on my upper chest, shoulders, arms, my back and legs. Some lesions are flesh coloured and some pink/brown colour, and not itchy. As some of you know I have Chronic Fatigue syndrome and a couple of other autoimmune issues., which I've had for 30 years. Having autoimmune conditions does predispose me to an increase risk of developing lymphoma, although the risk is very small. I'm also aware that there are some skin rashes that can be (cutaneous T or B cell skin lymphoma) related and although they are rare, I'm scared that my rash may be one of these. I did do a search of common rashes but none seemed to match my symptoms! I'm hoping it's something simple like viral related. I'm off to my Drs tomorrow to get it checked out and get a referral to a dermatologist. I had my routine blood tests done 12 days ago and they were all good except my ALT liver test was slightly high. I haven't been this anxious for a year now, my HA is really ramped up. Thanks for reading
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 22-09-19 at 10:39.

Re: I'm really struggling with this rash ...

Hi there
    Even though I've been trying not to go to the doc too often there are certain things that one just has to go about.
    I had a terrible rash in June, went to the doc and it was some kind of allergic reaction, they game me antihistamines and after a few days it was much better.
    Doen't necessarily have to be anything really bad, there are loads of bening reasons for rashes.
    Good luck at the doc tomorrow x

I had this same kind of rash my skin would crawl (anxiety ) and i would break out in red or white bumps along with some brown spots too. I still have these and can not shake them off alot calmer now with little stress.

12 days ago for full bloods, and all was ok (bar liver) is pretty good WMonkey. Thats not that long ago at all. SO, this rash - I don't know about the cutaneous conditions you refer to, but you seem clued up on it. I would presume though, that with any condition like this you would also feel unwell - how are you in yourself ? Would it also come up over such a large area and not start in one place ? Sorry, I'm not much help, but I have to say that 'rashes' are also a trigger point for me. I once had pitariasis rosea after a viral infection and it majorly freak me out, so your HA ramping up I think it quite understandable with an obvious symptom !

Hi thanks for your replies. I've been taking antihistamines to no avail, but I have been under a lot of stress lately with some health issues and lots of teaching work as well. I'm probably doing too much at present (being 62) but I like to stay active. There's 2 weeks holidays coming up soon, so hope to get lots of rest, plus we are coming into Springtime here in New Zealand ps. Am seeing my Dr this morning so will see what she says

Hi Carys, I generally feel well, though tired which goes along with the CFS. I'm pretty sure the rash started on my upper chest and worked its way around and down. I get worried when something new crops up that I can't explain away! I'm glad you got your rash cleared up after an infection, it's good to know what it was. I haven't had any viral infections that I'm aware of but I am exposed to many children during the working week.

OH is it morning there ? LOL OK, well, you make sure you let us know how you get on.....ok. Take care WM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    OH is it morning there ? LOL OK, well, you make sure you let us know how you get on.....ok. Take care WM.
    Yes, we are opposite to you guys up there in the Northern Hemisphere but I did live in England until I was 7. Well my Dr was very helpful and says she sees about 12 cases of rashes like mine per year, I was relieved to hear that. She said she's not sure what it is but it could be a reaction to an insect bite and I was digging over my veggie garden last weekend (although I was covered). She will refer me to a dermatologist if it doesn't clear by 4-6 weeks. In the meantime she's put me on a prednisone regime for 2 weeks (a drug which I've never touched before) to reduce the rash, plus some Dermol cream. She said the prednisone may give me an energy burst and most likely fix my hip and knee issues (for a while) so that's a plus

Hiyer, yeah, just always surprises me, still, when I hear of such different time-zones when I'm preparing for bed. lol

Prednisone is a steroid I think, without looking it up.....

I'm really glad to hear this WM, as '12 cases a year' are certainly not anything sinister for one GP, but then you know this. I think I would have breathed a huge sigh the moment I hear 'I see.....' from the GP. So, it could be like an immunological over reaction to some irritant ?

ONwards and upwards buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hiyer, yeah, just always surprises me, still, when I hear of such different time-zones when I'm preparing for bed. lol

Prednisone is a steroid I think, without looking it up.....

I'm really glad to hear this WM, as '12 cases a year' are certainly not anything sinister for one GP, but then you know this. I think I would have breathed a huge sigh the moment I hear 'I see.....' from the GP. So, it could be like an immunological over reaction to some irritant ?

ONwards and upwards buddy.
    Thanks Carys, Dr also said sometimes these rashes appear and no one knows what they are, even the dermatologist!! Rashes are weird. Prednisone is a cortisol steroidal anti inflammatory, it's for short term use only, although some people with severe autoimmune conditions are on them for longer periods of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information