Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmitchell1984 View Post
Do I really need to take one more 284mg today Down under? Yesterday was my first day on 284mg- I was on 500mg for 3 days before that.
You could try going without it and only taking it if you experience severe withdrawal, though separating the symptoms from the heightened anxiety may be difficult.

Also, this information about going back on antidepressants and them not working is really scaring me. This will be the 4th time that I go on them and they have worked every time but I have noticed it takes longer and I have to go to a higher dose each time. I haven’t noticed that they have stopped working overtime though. I was on them for 4.5 years on my last stint and they were a huge life line. Now I am not sure what to do- do I try something else this time?
Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how you will react this time. Fluoxetine does have one major advantage in this situation as its very long half-life usually makes switching to another med fairly easy. In you position I'd probably give it one more shot.

If fluoxetine doesn't work then supplementing it with a small dose of buspirone (Buspar) might reinvigorate it. Buspirone is a Generalised Anxiety med which works very well for some and not at all for most, however, it has a pretty good record for returning pooped out SSRIs to full function and boosting their effectiveness. It can also ease some of the common initial side-effects, and one, or two of the ongoing ones too, especially sexual dysfunction.