Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban da politics

Re: Ban da politics

Oh lebonvin,don’t say you are not wanted,we are all different on here,with different opinions.

I personally don’t get offended by what yo say,folk get upset by the way you say it and yo go on the attack.
    You do try and help others I have read your posts and you seem too me quite intelligent.
    I am not the sharpest tool in the shed,but that is ok.
    We are all unique.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Sorry Noivous.
    Blackface can be racist, often is racist.

I asked a friend of mine to explain why blackface us racist and he could. He said because it's a complete disrespect for black people.

Peace.
    Lol come on Mezz. You're friend's reasoning is silly and totally without substance. We'll if that's the case why wasn't the one and only black person I asked about black face offended by it? Just this morning I asked a black woman in work to explain to me why black face is considered racist. She said she didn't think it was and it doesn't bother her.

And as for the Canadian PM I don't think he's a racist. I think he's a left wing nut but not a racist.

If you don't think the left is using false charges of racism for political advantage you're blind. Oh yes they'll even use it against their own as was the case with the Canadian PM.

If the guy was not a racist and he put on black face as part of a costume to go to a party and not to make any sort of racist statement then it isn't and he isn't racist.

Don't you see that the lefts weaponizing of the charge of racism has rendered it meaningless and totally vague?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    Oh lebonvin,don’t say you are not wanted,we are all different on here,with different opinions.

I personally don’t get offended by what yo say,folk get upset by the way you say it and yo go on the attack.
    You do try and help others I have read your posts and you seem too me quite intelligent.
    I am not the sharpest tool in the shed,but that is ok.
    We are all unique.
    I agree with this, Charlie. I have seen you post some very useful responses to people suffering around the forum.

Whether anyone has an issue over you being trans and black, I don't know, all I can say is I don't and knowing many others here I would be very surprised if they did as they are good people. Plenty of ethnic diversity on here although I've only seen 1, maybe 2, people say they were trans but they weren't treated any different for it and those replying to them were showing support for their mental health needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Lol come on Mezz. You're friend's reasoning is silly and totally without substance. We'll if that's the case why wasn't the one and only black person I asked about black face offended by it? Just this morning I asked a black woman in work to explain to me why black face is considered racist. She said she didn't think it was and it doesn't bother her.

And as for the Canadian PM I don't think he's a racist. I think he's a left wing nut but not a racist.

If you don't think the left is using false charges of racism for political advantage you're blind. Oh yes they'll even use it against their own as was the case with the Canadian PM.

If the guy was not a racist and he put on black face as part of a costume to go to a party and not to make any sort of racist statement then it isn't and he isn't racist.

Don't you see that the lefts weaponizing of the charge of racism has rendered it meaningless and totally vague?
    Hi N!

I think what Tony means is that it can be and not necessarily that it always is. We are in a place in society where it is something best avoided completely unless you want at least some people questioning your behaviour. But there is plenty that can be racist in blackface, not the Trudeaus who do something innocently, but the real racists who do it with the purpose of degrading black people.

This will be why you can get someone black saying something isn't but I bet you if some skinhead blacked up, started monkey chants or other tropes they would be saying it would be.

I agree it has been distorted due to agendas across various groups. It's become a default always is racist situation. Falsely crying racism on the internet has been a left wing tactic to shut down and label people.

Terry my friend! How are you?

Yes I agree that black face could be used to make a racist comment. As can many things.

But you must see that in the case of Trudeau the charge is being leveled with no basis what so ever. And that is truly a despicable act. Grotesque.

I think it's more the norm today to have false charges of racism than authentic ones.

Actually I think this type of dialogue is healthy.

Great to hear from you!

BTW isn't it past your bedtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Terry my friend! How are you?

Yes I agree that black face could be used to make a racist comment. As can many things.

But you must see that in the case of Trudeau the charge is being leveled with no basis what so ever. And that is truly a despicable act. Grotesque.

I think it's more the norm today to have false charges of racism than authentic ones.

Actually I think this type of dialogue is healthy.

Great to hear from you!
    I'm good mate. How are you?

Absolutely, Trudeau is about politics and the impending election. It was hilarious how they hung him out to dry. He apologised for one and didn't mention the others and then they drip fed them which made him look even more like a cover up merchant. One thing that people say though is how can a 29 year old teacher (don't they study ethics in drama...so they don't start blacking up? ) who was the son of a former Canadian PM didn't know what blackface was. Just a massive error on his part.

I guess we have to consider that we expect our politicians to be vanilla. If it turned out his wife dressed him up as a baby and spanked his bottom every weekend it would cause outrage.

It's sad really because real racism gets watered down because of silly stuff.

Yes, I think it's healthy to discuss this. If it can't be discussed then it just fosters resentment just as immigration debates did for so long. The left are bad for this and massive hypocrites when it comes to those they cover up for committing acts. How can a rational position come through this if the default it "it's all bad"?

Middle of the night here, but I'm a night owl

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    So politics is fine and dandy provideds we agree with you lol

Something kinda screwy about that.

Go on boss delete this post too
    I am no part of the political posts so no you do not have to agree with me.

I suggest you read through the terms and conditions which you agree to when you come onto this site.

"While debating and discussion is fine, No More Panic does not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. The decision on what is appropriate will be made by the administration team and that decision is final."

We also expect members to moderate their language to that which is acceptable in polite company or in the presence of young children

Also just for the record I care not what colour, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs a person has.

Being trans, black, red, blue, binary, gay...whatever....I personally don't give a fig about sexual orientation, ethnicity or any combination of individual difference. If people are reacting to your posts it won't be because of either of those factors, but what you are saying and how you are saying it.
    Last edited by Carys; 25-09-19 at 09:00.

I think it's just a question of basic respect and courtesy. This forum probably isn't the kindest place to go in deliberate search of conflict.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information