Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban da politics

Re: Ban da politics

Hi Quinn and Terry

Thanks so much for your kind messages.

Charlie

Charlie, you don't have to be deliberately confrontational to make your presence felt here. I think it's fine to be able to discuss other things rather than purely mental health angst. It's just another way of coping and distracting ourselves from what we have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Charlie, you don't have to be deliberately confrontational to make your presence felt here. I think it's fine to be able to discuss other things rather than purely mental health angst. It's just another way of coping and distracting ourselves from what we have to deal with.
    Doing so also puts you on the radar for the admin too. We have a misc forum to discuss other things but if those threads then become confrontational they get closed, as we do have young teenagers on here which are quite impressionable.

We love a good debate which takes your mind of your mental health and sometimes, which is a good thing unfortunately politics is always going to be a volitile subject, moreso at the minute, so all members need to remember to keep it civil and the language suitable and remember that everyone is entitled to an opinionand it is ok to express that as long as they do not impress that opinion onto others

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Native Americans don't like it when people wear headdress and feathers when they haven't earned them it's the same as stolen valor

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Lol come on Mezz. You're friend's reasoning is silly and totally without substance. We'll if that's the case why wasn't the one and only black person I asked about black face offended by it? Just this morning I asked a black woman in work to explain to me why black face is considered racist. She said she didn't think it was and it doesn't bother her.

And as for the Canadian PM I don't think he's a racist. I think he's a left wing nut but not a racist.

If you don't think the left is using false charges of racism for political advantage you're blind. Oh yes they'll even use it against their own as was the case with the Canadian PM.

If the guy was not a racist and he put on black face as part of a costume to go to a party and not to make any sort of racist statement then it isn't and he isn't racist.

Don't you see that the lefts weaponizing of the charge of racism has rendered it meaningless and totally vague?
    If you read my quote it was the exact opposite of someone elses post
    We can all sit in our own echo chambers and think that everything that we think is always right
    It takes a lot more to listen and take on board more than one persons view

My black friends find that blackface is something that should be 'in the past'
    .... and I said can be racist and often is racist ( not always racist )

I think the Right likes to say that the Left has weaponised anything that it disagrees with like racism, pacifism, gun control, human rights, PC
    Normally when I talk about these things I'm trying to make a point not weaponise any of them
    Normally I'm talking in reaction to something that exists that could be framed as possibly racism say

If Tradeau wasn't racist then thats fine, he's still guilty of pretty bad judgement, he wasn't that young

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    Native Americans don't like it when people wear headdress and feathers when they haven't earned them it's the same as stolen valor
    Is that something Trudeau has done? I'm not up on Canadian politics but I have seen him criticised for campaigning to protect them and then pushing ahead with a big pipeline anyway so they are very unhappy with him. He sounds like our Liberal Democrats, Capitalists with their arm around you pretending to be your friend

EDIT: Just seen Hollow's picture on the closed thread.

This is kinda funny

A discussion gets shut off in one place then allowed to continue in another lol

I ain't gonna say nothing more or boss will delete this post

Charlie, no one is trying to make you leave NMP, even me. But I do agree with Quinn when they said:

folk get upset by the way you say it and yo go on the attack
    I realize that you are not a politically correct person, but at some point, you've had to realize that you say some pretty inflammatory things. You may not be trying to offend anyone, but the way you state things can be very offensive. And there are several people on here, including myself, that will call people out on that.

You might think I'm just a teacher that takes their work home with them, but from my perspective, I'm speaking out and expressing what I think is right. You expressed that I'm treating you like a child. However, many times when someone like myself has disagreed with you, you've gone on the attack personally. Like you did to me on the other thread. When you do that though, it only serves to make your behavior seem childish, as if you can disagree...but no one can disagree with you. In addition to what the bosses told you, that's why so many of us were so annoyed at you.

I hope you can understand my point of view. I hope you see that NMP is a place where I truly think we value each other.

Hey Antsy

I guess I must of hit a raw nerve

Mentally sick people are more sensitive than your average folk. Me and yous would never of had a Tiff if it weren't for politics. There ain't no place for this kinda topic on a mental forum coz folk can get hurt easily. It should not be tolerated.

I'm not mad at you Charlie, maybe I came off sounding mad? but honestly, I just try to call things as I seem them. However, I do have a question for you. If you think politics topics shouldn't be allowed on a mental health forum, then why did you start one a few days ago?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information