Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

Help

How do you pass the time? I feel like every hour is an eternity? Also when I sleep I don’t even sleep - I just lie there watching the hours go by? Anyone felt like this and come out the other side?

Re: Help

Far too often, yes.

First things first: are you getting help for your anxiety right now? Feeling like this long-term isn't good for you.

In the meantime, I strongly suggest listening to podcasts or watching TV shows - use your phone and a pair of earbuds if necessary. It's not ideal, but it's better than just laying there watching the walls.

Hi Ma'am

Many of us here will understand what your going through because we gone through it ourselves. Of course it will pass but you need to do stuff to help yourself however difficult it may seem.

What medications are you on if I may ask?

You need to set yourself some simple, doable tasks each day. Even if only taking a shower and going for a walk round the block.

Then each day increase each task a shade. Like add on making a sandwich etc. Distraction of any sort will help.

The idea is that you slowly build up confidence. You don't need to push yourself too hard.

I'm sure yous get good advice and links to information from other guys here. I'm kinda new so don't know where those links are.

Your definitely not alone.

Charlie

Thank you both. I am pleased to see I am not alone- although sad you have had this too.

I have been taking St Johns wort but thinking of going on to Prozac which I have had in the past with good effects x

Didn’t sleep much last night - seems like an eternity before I will get better. X

Are either of you taking an medications? X

I am, yes. Citalopram basically saved my life.

Was thinking of trying that. I have tried Prozac in the past. How many times have you taken citalopram and how long does it take to work?

This is my first time taking it, I've been on it for a little less than a year. It started working fairly quickly for me, within a few weeks. From what I've heard, it's a wonder drug for some people and just doesn't work for others.

If it's any help my son is seeing a psychiatrist today and relentless insomnia is one issue. He's been on 20mg of escitalopram for months but I'm hopeful the regime will be changed. I'll let you know what is suggested if you like?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information