Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help

Re: Help

Hi Ma'am

I noticed yous trying to inpliment what Claire Weekes says. I got all her stuff on audio. and am a great believer. The problem for all of us is exactly how to "accept" instead of just "put up with". The reason for your lack of progress may be that you're not doing it proper.

The only real clue she gives how to accept is "relax your body as much as you can." Then I came upon a progressive muscle relaxation audio also known as body scan.

Essentially yous gotta let your whole body go limp like a rag doll. Slow your breathing down. Check for tension in buttocjs, shoulders and face especially. Let it all hang out.

To speed up the process, try doing meditation twice a day, 5 minutes each then gradually increase the time. My Name Is Terry got a great list of free meditation audios. Go for the breathing meditation. YouTube got some goodies too. My favourite is a uni student doing one to sounds if tree frogs on Terry's lists.

After a few days relaxation of body will become natural Stay present with your breathing. Try and welcome the depression and physical crap anxiety symptoms as friends.

I promise yous this will help just do it.

I got something to say about going back on Prozac but that can wait, not important.

I'm on venlafaxine which is supposedly an SNRI

Prozac and citalopram is SSRI. So you should stick to SSRI coz Prozac working beforre

It's really tough when you're in that state when all your time is so unpleasant and goes so slowly. I often think it's the direct opposite of the saying 'time flies when you're having fun'. Sometimes it seems the good things pass so quickly but when you feel miserable it just goes on and on. The good thing is you do come out of it. I took SSRI medication (Sertraline) for a while and as others on here have said, try and occupy yourself with anything you are able to do. Anything that you are able to focus on a little will help. I found being on the internet helpful or watching something on TV. Even occupying myself with the odd computer game got me interested to the point where I could lose the slow time obsession a bit. A pet can be a help and if you are able to get out at all any excercise or social interactions will be beneficial. Eventually as my condition improved I became more relaxed and less obsessive about time and my sleep returned to normal. Talking about what you're going through helps too whether its in therapy or just with friends as well as the support you get on a forum such as this.

Pulisa that would be great thank you. You are such a helpful person at the moment - putting a positive spin on things for me
    X

Lebonvin - you are helpful as always- yes I am using CLAIRE Weeks. A lot of people say she is not helpful or outdated- but I think she is great.

Tyke - absolutely spot on - thank you x

How are you all today? X

I’m new to this thread and not doing so well either , I’m on a lot of medication and don’t know what ones are helping and what ones are making me worse

it’s nice to see I’m not alone as feel I’m the only one going through this

does anyone find mornings are the worst time , adrenaline, fear , scared and the shaking ??

Quote Originally Posted by TRISTAN View Post
    I’m new to this thread and not doing so well either , I’m on a lot of medication and don’t know what ones are helping and what ones are making me worse

it’s nice to see I’m not alone as feel I’m the only one going through this

does anyone find mornings are the worst time , adrenaline, fear , scared and the shaking ??
    welcome Tristan -and sorry to hear you are going through it. Yes I feel at my worst in the mornings- sometimes I just think to myself- is this only adrenaline? I don’t want to be in bed as it’s incredibly uncomfortable but even when out of it the horrible feeling follows me around - but it’s less intense. It does eventually go (the bad mornings) mine are back again but I keep having to remind myself that they will go x

Cbt4panic is a great resource to help you cope x

My bad mornings have been with me all year ,

they are worse at moment due to pressure of christmas Christmas and I really don’t know what to do !!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information