let me know how you get on x

Re: Help

Psychiatrist, scared . Com for tomorrow

What does com for tomorrow mean? X

Just scared

Has anyone suggested increasing any of your meds Tristan? I believe Pregabalin can go up to 600 and Mirtazapine up to 45. Also Changing one of your meds to one of the old TCA’s could be an option, some of them are more potent than the SSRI/SNRI’s. I’ve been suffering anxiety and depression on and off for 12 years but this episode is my longest one, started in January so nearly a year now. I am on quetiapine 200mg, Mirtazapine 30mg, and just increased venlafaxine to 300mg this morning . My psychiatrist added the quetiapine two months ago as a mood stabiliser as I was feeling better for 7-10 days at a time and then my mood would just crash again. She wanted to add Lamotrigine which is another mood stabiliser but decided to try increasing my other meds first. I’m also starting a course of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy in February.

I know how hard it is, all the upping, stopping and swopping meds but you still have plenty of options. You will get there, we all will xx

Thanks for reply , mine has been off and on for nearly 7 years now and like you been bad for most of the year , they just don’t know what to do with me anymore, fed up of all the med changes now and just feel shit mist of the time , I was put on quetiapine as I just wasn’t eating and when I take it at night I eat like crazy , they put me on 200 at night and 100 in morning

i sm starting to lose hope that it will ever get any better and wish I was never born today , so hard on family , I have 3 boys and have to put a front on for them and it’s just exhausting

do you find your morninfs are worse ? I wake early and takes hours to feel a tiny bit normal , what ever normal is , been so long I don’t know how to feel anymore , good luck with mindfulness and hope it helps

do you still wok ?

No I haven’t worked since July. I had a major meltdown at work and got signed off for 3 months but then got a letter from my boss telling me not to go back. I’m claiming ESA but have just managed to get myself a little admin job working from home, flexible hours starting in the new year.

I’m the same in the mornings but it has settled a bit since starting the quetiapine. It’s because your levels of cortisol are much higher first thing in the morning. I sometimes take propranolol or diazepam if it’s really bad. I always feel much calmer in the evenings when cortisol is lower, sometimes I feel almost normal again which is why feeling rough the next morning can feel even worse.

I’ve got a 4 year old boy who naturally wants all my attention but I find it so hard to show any interest. I know I love him and my partner but I feel so empty and just want to feel something for them again.

I think half the battle with anxiety is to try not be afraid of it. Sounds hard but fear is what keeps the cycle going.

Dare response is quite helpful https://dareresponse.com/

Also Joshua Fletcher Panicking about Panic

https://www.thepanicroom.co.uk/best-...-anxiety-book/

One other thing, have you had your thyroid levels checked?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information