Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doc said my Creatine Kinase was slightly elevated, now I'm in panic mode

Doc said my Creatine Kinase was slightly elevated, now I'm in panic mode

Blood test all came back normal but Creatine Kinase was slightly elevated, he asked if I didn weight lifting and I said no. He said to check in a few weeks.

I'm afraid i've done muscle damage to my heart muscles or my body. What do I do??

The only exercise I've had over the weekend is sex with my gf. But I'm only 29!

Re: Doc said my Creatine Kinase was slightly elevated, now I'm in panic mode

Anyone?

Slightly elevated is not a concern. There are several reasons it could be including certain meds and drinking alcohol.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You make a good point, can sex do the same? My fatigue has been ongoing but when I last checked the cretine in July it was fine. I had a very heavy night on Friday which could have influenced the above. It's bad but it helps to an extent with the anxiety. Not saying this fatigue is no less affecting me but I'm not going to ignore everything.

These things can be elevated by many things. I had ALT and AST elevated once due to exercise apparently. Had to repeat reading like you do. It would be best to ignore it.

I want to share my experience. I had elevated ck levels to 11, 200. My family doctor called it rhabdomyalysis. I had pain in my legs and took myself to the ER that is how I found out. The only different thing that I had as a change was taking ssri and I was at my 6 week mark when I got this. My levels were still low enough that no kidney damage was found. I never really got a clear answer as to why it happened but after my hospitalization I ended up in a spiral.

What I learned about CK
    It is not a blood test that is typically done as levels naturally go up and down with exercise.
    If you see dark urine, cola colour (btw I did not have that issue), if you have muscle burning that does not go away after 4 days or you cannot move a limb or part if your body get to a hospital asap
    Kidney damage typically starts when levels reach 100, 000
    CK levels can increase to medications such as ssris, statins, exercise (big factor), drinking water after exercise and staying hydrated is important. Helps the kidneys flush.

At one point my CK levels went back up a bit in the mid 300s i freaked out and ran to the doctor. The doctor did not bat an eye to it, even if you are at a 1,000 they do not really do anything but tell you to drink water.

I know if you read on line it will start talking about neuro muscular diseases and so on. I went down that rabbit hole. Do not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    I want to share my experience. I had elevated ck levels to 11, 200. My family doctor called it rhabdomyalysis. I had pain in my legs and took myself to the ER that is how I found out. The only different thing that I had as a change was taking ssri and I was at my 6 week mark when I got this. My levels were still low enough that no kidney damage was found. I never really got a clear answer as to why it happened but after my hospitalization I ended up in a spiral.

What I learned about CK
    It is not a blood test that is typically done as levels naturally go up and down with exercise.
    If you see dark urine, cola colour (btw I did not have that issue), if you have muscle burning that does not go away after 4 days or you cannot move a limb or part if your body get to a hospital asap
    Kidney damage typically starts when levels reach 100, 000
    CK levels can increase to medications such as ssris, statins, exercise (big factor), drinking water after exercise and staying hydrated is important. Helps the kidneys flush.

At one point my CK levels went back up a bit in the mid 300s i freaked out and ran to the doctor. The doctor did not bat an eye to it, even if you are at a 1,000 they do not really do anything but tell you to drink water.

I know if you read on line it will start talking about neuro muscular diseases and so on. I went down that rabbit hole. Do not go there.
    I have had sore muscles for a few days/weeks but not burning. Thanks for the tip, I will have the doctor check again unless if it gets worse. Only thing im worried about is my thigh has been knotted since yesterday afternoon has not let up. I'm trying to think it's just a cramp and not a blood clot.

Ate you on any medications? I originally thought it was a blood clot which made me go to the emergency. Just drink lots of water. Make sure you stay hydrated and if needed throw in an electrolyte.

When you say slightly elevated what was your number?
    I would not worry much about it. After you might experience soreness, cramps and possible twitching depending how much your muscles are affected. You will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    Ate you on any medications? I originally thought it was a blood clot which made me go to the emergency. Just drink lots of water. Make sure you stay hydrated and if needed throw in an electrolyte.

When you say slightly elevated what was your number?
    I would not worry much about it. After you might experience soreness, cramps and possible twitching depending how much your muscles are affected. You will be okay.
    Got back from the doctors, he said the number just above normal around 454. And I need to drink lots of water. I think if it was an emergency I would probably be referred. I'm still worried about why it happened and my chest feels funny, but I'm putting it to just hearburn maybe. Hoping I'm not having a heart attack or anything.

Edit:I'm not on any meds.
    Last edited by orflinoahs; 24-09-19 at 14:57.

Do not worry about those numbers. You could of exhorted yourself a bit much. Also if you take a blood test next day after an activity it will produce higher numbers. This is why they want you to repeat the test. Before the next test do not exercise the day before and drink lots of water. Your body will bounce back. I went from 11200 to 6000 in a day then to somewhere in the 800 the 3rd day i was released with those numbers so really anything under a 1,000 is fine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information