Thread: Does this sound like a panic attack?

Does this sound like a panic attack?

I got up his morning, felt relatively okay, made breakfast, had a shower and then got changed. I then started to have negative thoughts about death and the thoughts just started to race around in my head. I tried to reason but started to sweat, felt really faint and my eyes went funny. This was then followed by a surge of panic adrenaline in the stomach and major depression like I could cry. I Looked at my Fitbit and my heart was at 116 bpm. I had a really powerful feeling that I was going to die and it was just horrible. I had a drink, sat down and the worst of it seemed to pass. I now feel really cold, shivery and like I’ve had a workout. I also can’t keep still!

I don’t know how much longer I can take all of this! I was supposed to have a doctors appointment on Thursday, which got cancelled, to ask for some medication.

I have been making very small improvements like going to grab a coffee etc but things like this really set me back.

Re: Does this sound like a panic attack?

That sounds like the vast majority of the panic attacks I get, yes.

If you're going to be drinking coffee, you may be best sticking to de-caf until your anxiety is more under control, as it can be a major trigger for attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    That sounds like the vast majority of the panic attacks I get, yes.

If you're going to be drinking coffee, you may be best sticking to de-caf until your anxiety is more under control, as it can be a major trigger for attacks.
    Thanks for the reply BlueIris.

It’s a horrible feeling, just seemed to come over me. I was getting really upset & panicked as I thought this is it! I’m sitting down but feel all jittery and weak from what happened.

I’ve recently switched to de-caf but have limited myself as I know thats got a small amount of caffeine in.

I sometimes feel exhausted for days after a full-on panic attack. Don't beat yourself up over it, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I sometimes feel exhausted for days after a full-on panic attack. Don't beat yourself up over it, okay?
    Thanks, I’ll try not to. I think I’m just under a huge amount of stress at the moment. I just need to relax and try and calm my body down.

Just like my panic attacks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Just like my panic attacks too.
    They are horrible!

Pretty sure I haven't had a panic attack but this last week I've felt like I could tip into one pretty easily. Feel like I'm about to sit the most important exam of my life all the time at the moment - constant butterflies, twitching (hands, face), and a vice like grip on my chest. I wake up feeling breathless (heart failure??) and feel so jittery I just can't stay in bed - no matter that it's only 5.30am. Plus so many aches and pains. I think I'll have to succumb to medication but will also be asking my GP for a CBT referral.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    Pretty sure I haven't had a panic attack but this last week I've felt like I could tip into one pretty easily. Feel like I'm about to sit the most important exam of my life all the time at the moment - constant butterflies, twitching (hands, face), and a vice like grip on my chest. I wake up feeling breathless (heart failure??) and feel so jittery I just can't stay in bed - no matter that it's only 5.30am. Plus so many aches and pains. I think I'll have to succumb to medication but will also be asking my GP for a CBT referral.....
    I’d probably go back to your GP ask for some blood tests and once everything comes back okay, which I’m pretty sure it will, just accept the diagnosis and get help with CBT, Meds etc......

This is coming from someone who couldn’t accept the diagnosis of anxiety, really wish I had, and dug myself into a massive hole.

You will get better!!

Hope you feel better soon too....HA is just horrendous...

Thread Information