Thread: aftermath of panic attacks

aftermath of panic attacks

hi all, didnt know where to post this one.
    anyway, i'd like to know what the long term effects of anxiety disorders are? is it true that they say that u wont have a long life or somat?
    AND
    after my panic attack, ive been feeling really tired, achy and not sleeping right. iv just not been myself. i cant 'rest' even tho people tell me to- one of the things i dont understand. plus its so damn hard to get back to normal.. any advice? i'm really trying, i'm just more fidgety all the time.
    has anyone else experienced any more symptoms of the aftermath of thier panic attack?
    ur friend littlemiss sunshine x

Re: aftermath of panic attacks

i'd like to know what the long term effects of anxiety disorders are? is it true that they say that u wont have a long life or somat?
    Hi Little Miss Sunshine

I have never heard that quote before, im hoping to live a long life
    Look at Winston Churchill he was 90 when he died and he suffered with panic too.
    I can understand your fears of how you feel after panic, i must say i have felt the same too, when our body goes into panic our body is working alot harder and that makes us feel alot more tired. I try to look at it in a positive way, if our bodies are working harder dealing with the panic, then it must be making us fitter ! I was only talking to my husband about this today after we went for a walk, he was the one out of breath walking up a hill and hes supposed to be fitter than me !! he dosnt smoke like me or suffer with panic!
    So after 12 years of suffering with Agorophobia i dont think its done me any harm fit-ness wise

love

Andrea
    xxxxx

I get totally fidgety too and prone to freak out over nothing, for days on end after I've had even half of an episode. I think of it as the flight and fight response--if I was in danger, my body wants to make sure I'm alert just in case said danger hasn't passed yet. Think of it like if you were in some kind of battle--I would want to be alert so that I wouldn't be jumped by the bad guy. Except this great feature doesn't work so well when there's NOTHING to be afraid of, and we want to get some rest and calm down. I think it just takes a few days, it's taken me a couple weeks in the past. Then after said weeks it's like it never even happened and I don't even remember what it was like to be on high alert and panicky. So just hang in there, once you get that stuff out of your system you'll probably feel better, I know I did.

I'm left feeling really worn out and all I want to do is go to bed for the rest of the day.

i think my problem is i really cant rest and its been days now. i feel worn out but i get panicky over every little thing:
    iv got an exam- havent been able to prepare for by the end of this week!
    got two 2,000 word assignments due in next week- hardly started!
    i've got to get back to work- scared they'll fire me now cos iv missed soo many days
    rent and bills need paying by 1st oct!!
    mums back in hospital!
    action taken so far- emailed my tutor that im having probs last thurs- he hasnt emailed me back yet whether they'll give me an extension for the exam or owt!!

arrrrghhhhhh!

Thread Information